In 2005 I first chanced upon Robert Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad Poor Dad” book at my classmate’s place during a group project, and it’s that book opened my eyes to:
- Assets put money into my pockets/bank account (conversely, liabilities take money from me)
- Positive cashflow investing (same meaning as passive income) is the difference between liabilities and assets
- If my monthly positive cash flow or passive income is more than my monthly living expenses, then I am financially secure and dont have to worry about money anymore
It is item #3 that is constantly on my mind, because I understand that once I achieved #3, I no longer have to worry about money, expenses etc, as long as I keep my expenses low.
Of course, any of my assets and investments need to be aligned to “good” and ideally God because I do not want to be associated with businesses or assets or people that are negative, evil, corrupted, exploitative etc (this matters to me).
And that’s why I’ve been reading, practicing, testing, applying it since, and documenting it as much as I can here.
With time, age, experience and fatherhood, I have added additional dimensions to life as well – not only is passive income is good to ensure my financial security…but it’s an utmost requirement to “unlock” the next stage of life.
The Rich Life.
I finally “get” what Robert said in the same book, that to first gain financial security, and THEN you can work to get rich – this may not be just limited to material possession and riches. And this is inline with what Ramit Sethi has been saying also, about the Rich Life.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.