Table Of Contents
What would an extra $500 – $1000 (and more) passive income every month mean to you?
Does it mean that you can
- retire your spouse? Imagine how wonderful she’ll feel and think of you as a provider.
- afford to buy something you want, without guilt. Imagine how liberating that feels.
- bring your kid(s) to school and back? Talking with them along the way without rushing. How your kids would enjoy this, when they look back in their older days.
- be more generous with people you love? Maybe give more to your parents. Or buy a round of drinks on your tab? Give to causes that pulls on your heartstrings? How would that change the way you see the world?
- never worry about affording health insurance or medical care you and your family needs. Imagine how much more at peace that will be.
- go on longer and further holidays…and even fly family and friends along. Oh my.
- be more selective on people and projects you want to work with? Imagine being free to pursue things that interests you.
- invest regularly for even more investment passive income?
So, how much passive income do you need for you to live the kind of life you love?
The people I love and wanna spend my time with all the time
My passive income origin story
Passive income is as amazing as orgasms and sex.
I still feel the tingles in my spine whenever I get another passive income payment into my bank account. Maybe that’s why Albert Einstein said compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world.
In fact, it has become even more meaningful and important today more than when I first started my passive income journey back in 2008. I may speak like this today, but I grew up pretty poor:
- ate lots of filler foods such as bread, rice, porridge, biscuits
- never eating at restaurants (in fact, my mum confided that she once felt so guilty and embarrassed when my brother and myself drool-stood in front of KFC glass window, looking at other people eat their fried chicken)
- “holidays” were really visiting relatives during the New Year, sometimes we skipped years.
We never felt poor or that we were in lack, and there was lots of love to go around, but when I got older, I realized we were broke AF lol
I learnt first hand some of the money mistakes that I wont repeat by having front row seats to seeing stuff like too-frequent money fights that my parents had and my mum’s tears of frustration due to more-bills-than-money.
I decided to myself at 10 years old that I will never, ever be broke.
I started off by being a $24K/year therapist, struggling with money (repeating my parent’s poor money habits, to my horror), to learning how to earn more with freelancing, investing into passive income investments and making many mistakes. I share my successes and failures here in this blog, and I hope you learn lots.
The passive income lifestyle simplified in 4 steps
At the simplest basic level, it is 4 steps:
- Earn as much income as you can
- Save as much as you can
- Invest for passive income in investments that you understand that yields a minimum of 5% (ideally 10% minimum)
- Rinse and repeat steps 1-2-3 until your passive income is more than your living expenses
We can go into advanced strategies later, but this is enough for mostly everyone to start.
The point of the passive income lifestyle:
Life is indefinitely more than just making and having more money, and the truth is that we all need money to have a better life. It helps us pay the bills, have medical coverage, give to causes and businesses we care about, and provides us comfortable living.
It is also true that whilst money is infinite (ie we can earn again and again)…
but time and life isn’t infinite.
The passive income lifestyle is my conclusion after decades of life experience and observations: it’s really about freeing yourself financially (ie getting money and working for money out of the way) so that you can focus on deep work and your calling. Make the world a better place.
That’s why I’m so protective of my time and prioritize freedom of time over most things. I use passive income and money to buyback my time and freedom. So can you.
nigelchua.com is a personal development site, about building and living a life you truly desire, dream and love, without having to build the next big thing. It isn’t so much an in-depth financial and passive income blog but it’s more about perspective transformation and lifestyle change – often, your attitude will determine your lifetime wealth more than your knowledge.
I’m glad you’re here, so let’s get started.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.