Ah, my classic dilemma.
WordPress is very different from Solo Build It; in my experience since I used both since 2008/2009; and I had been struggling with this thought/dilemma, for years!
“Should I Use WordPress Or Solo Build It For My New Online Business Ventures?”
Ask my wife: she’d laugh aloud as it’s been something that I had been asking her for years now (we’ve been married since 2009 and I love her to bits).
I’ve finally reached a conclusion between the two, read more on my thoughts about SBI versus self-hosted WordPress.
- Very cheap to start in the beginning ($10+ for domain + $70+ for web hosting, about $80+ in the beginning year), BUT as your traffic build your cost will go up exponentially (we’re talking USD 29+ just for hosting, on top of other stuff) as you need to upgrade your hosting plan, buy better themes etc
- You can get lost in all the “noise” of building an online business: from upgrading your web hosting, to searching for plugins and upgrading, which can distract you from actually doing what matters: keyword research, article writing, backlink building etc
- You need to “harden” security for WordPress with different plugins to protect access
- You can easily hire/outsource parts of WordPress by creating access for freelancers
- WordPress is much more versatile with so many different themes, plugins etc
- More than 80+% of the online world knows WordPress, so it’s easier to get help
- Has a powerful plugin called “Related Posts Plugin” that links to other articles/posts within your WordPress sites
SOLO BUILD IT
- A proprietary web and online business building software and community that helps guide/teach you how to build high-traffic HTML websites
- Much more expensive relatively to self-hosted WordPress sites in the beginning at USD 299 PER SITE BUT there is no increased costs no matter how much your traffic is (unlike WordPress, where you have increased hosting costs when your traffic goes up; SBI can take 6-7 figure traffic at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you – a significant difference in measure of thousands per year)
- Very solid “hard” security
- But it is relatively more “clunky” as the sites aren’t as versatile as WordPress – they’re HTML and focused more on building “authority monster sites”, and because of the way they’re structured, the strongest part about SBI is that they(1) remove all the noise (you don’t have to research software, plugin, security etc) and(2) focus on business building ie content, backlinks etc (once you’ve been doing online business for years, you’d appreciate this)
- Their themes is very much more limited, and if you want WordPress-similar themes, you have to buy additional external webhosting and domain name and plug-in via their InfinIt, eg for forums/directories/etc
- Very strong Action Guide (AG) and supportive forum and founder Dr Ken
I only recommend things that
- I’ve used before and
- that are useful to me
I’ve used both and frankly, I’ve achieved a lot more success using SBI to build my private physiotherapy website which drove at least $100,000 service sales per year so it was very useful, but I realized this:
SOLO BUILD IT (SBI) IS GREAT FOR MONSTER AUTHORITY NICHE SITES THAT ARE LESS SOCIAL.
WordPress is just different: more versatile, more time-consuming and can be much more pricey, BUT in the end, it depends on what your target audience is looking for.
Here, let me illustrate.
So I used SBI for my physiotherapy website, and it worked brilliantly to drive six-figure revenue per year, but I think it works because:
Patients in pain look for very specific articles; they’re not looking to jump from article to article or comment.
They just want to know if we (our physiotherapy company) can treat that particular problem, and call us to set appointment.
That’s one of the main reasons why it worked brilliantly for us, and I can foresee how SBI will continue to add value for similar companies like mine that provide professional/non-professional services, or even on specific products.
Think of businesses such as plumbing, dentistry, medical, PR, legal, midwife, etc; or the owner of a product.
WORDPRESS IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT VEHICLE/BEAST.
It has more social elements, with native commenting function in-built into it; and has the Related Post Plugin, which encourages readers to read related posts/articles.
It creates tribes and communities where readers and commenters will chat and converse with each other, or even link back to the article and bring more conversations.
It is more flexible in a sense you can create and leverage WordPress technology, themes and plugins to create very automated directories (think AirBNB and Uber), forums, and even social networking/bookmarking sites that are similar to FaceBook.
IT’S LIKE SBI IS TO GOOGLE LIKE WORDPRESS IS TO FACEBOOK.
My experience with SBI is pretty much highly reliant on readers/clients directly from Google searching for very specific issues/pains; whereby my WordPress sites tends to be more social.
Is there a right or wrong, good or bad?
That’s not the issue here.
The real question, the money shot:
- Who are your customers
- what do they do
- and where are they found online?
Answer these three questions, and you’d get to decide between SBI and WordPress. I finally realized this after deliberating this question for years.
It’s all back to who your customers is and what they want/like.
Take action today, don’t wait anymore.
In fact, don’t overthink this part, because it may just be a distraction from the real issue: take action and refine as you go along.
IF YOU TOOK SBI AND AS YOU GO ALONG, YOU DON’T THINK IT’S RIGHT, YOU CAN SWAP TO WORDPRESS.
AND VICE VERSA.
DO NOT GET STUCK HERE: THIS IS NOT THE REAL PROBLEM.
Trust me, just take action.
This is the same approach how I am learning how to improve making money online. I may not be making much money online (see my income reports here) but I am making up to $100 per month.
I know I can and I will make more as I refine, learn and improve, until I’m making $500 a month, then $1000, then more and more as I learn how to better serve my readers.
This approach is waaaaaaaaay better, like 1000x better than to deliberate, think, think and procrastinate from actually taking action.
Just take action, and refine as you go along.
So, two options:
- self hosted WordPress, go with BlueHost webhosting or
- Solo Build It (proprietary web/online business building), read my review on SBI here. I’ve also had positive results with SBI too, and ended up eventually building an ugly $100K site.
Go for it, and let me know how you’re doing.
How To Avoid Scams Online…
Wealthy Affiliate – My…
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Make Money Online Singap…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
Link To Us! - If you've enjoyed any of the articles here, I'll really appreciate your help if you could link to the specific post/article/homepage from your website, blog, LinkedIn or social media accounts such as FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram etc - this will help us to grow and serve you better - thank you! =)
Note/Disclaimer: The information in this blog/forum/comments is distributed on an "As Is'' basis, without warranty of any kind. The site owner may have a financial relationship with some of the companies or products mentioned on the blog. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate programs, a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising. Advertisement does not imply endorsement. Information might not be completely comprehensive and some readers may want to consult additional sources. This blog/forum does not contain professional advice. For professional advice, consult a professional. By reading this blog/forum/comments you acknowledge full responsibility for your actions with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly in connection with the blog/forum.