Table Of Contents
Ever had a hard time choosing from a few different options?
Such as choosing what to eat, what projects to do, what jobs to take…the list goes on. It’s called paradox of choice, where we find it hard when there’s too many options, and here’s what I do to get around it.
Sometimes my brain freezes when i’m called to make a choice, could be
- choosing the main course from 12 options in the menu
- deciding what movie to watch for the night
- making the choice on what to do for the weekend
Basically, if i’m presented with 3 or more options, my brain either shuts down temporarily (or longer lol) or i cant seem to decide. I looked it up, and found that it’s called Paradox of Choice, which says that
where there are too many options, we cant make a choice that seems to satisfy us
Enough was enough, and I researched how to overcome this problem, and to me, the simplest was to simplify the selection process to binary eg YES / NO.
Example, if I had to choose between 3 dishes, A, B and C, so I’ll use questions such as
- Do I like this?
- Do I want this now?
- Any other YES / NO questions
Anything that scores the highest number of yeses gets selected. If it’s a tie between 2, then I’ll throw a coin (heads vs tails).
So simple, ah my dang brain.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.