I know you affectionately as dekotiu, and I’ve known you ever since I moved to Johor with my late father, Daniel Chua, when I was 7 years old in Primary 1.
I’m 40 years old this year, which means that I’d known you for 33 years.
We didn’t spend that much time together, just here and there, and I only have a few memories that are dear to me.
- I remember that when we first moved to Johor, we were so broke, you had compassion on us and let us stay with you in Taman Tasik for a bit with your lovely wife and kids, Joyce, Jamie, Shirlene and Jonathan. Until my dad manage to rent a space in the same area too.
- You used to take us to a japanese restaurant in JB, i think it’s Tokugawa?, somewhere in Taman Pelangi and we had nice Japanese meals and once you ordered the lovely oyster tempura
- I remember you took us for western meals, Manhattan Grill too
- My pregnant wife and myself met up with you in Perth where we visited your home there and we had some dimsum if I recall correctly
My parents and siblings were often very fond of you, and missed you a lot when you moved back to Australia, then to Penang. The distance and the busy-ness of my work kept us apart.
Dekotiu, I was planning to visit you this year in 2022, but alas, I am too late.
I am sorry I didnt meetup and spend time with you sooner, and I regret it.
May your soul be with God and the angels in heaven, dekotiu.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.