Most people’s eyes will glaze over when they ask me how to start building their 5% dividend portfolio, and I realize that sometimes, we overcomplicate things.
As usual, keeping things simple is still the best way. Here’s how I build my 5% dividend portfolio on a simple basis:
- Set aside 25-50% of my income for investing
- Go through my country’s index fund and look for all dividend paying companies that made it into the index list AND pays at least 5% dividends
- Shortlist these to the top 10
- Invest the set-aside 25-50% regularly (monthly, quarterly or half yearly)
- Collect and reinvest at least 50% of dividends
That’s it – dont overcomplicate it.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.