Table Of Contents
What happens if I lost all my crypto holdings and portfolio?
I had a nasty nasty nightmare, that woke me up in shock and it took a couple minutes before I realized it was a dream (it’s a scary realistic nightmare man).
It’s probably a combination of trauma and reminder of my deep-seated unspoken fear about investing and speculating in cryptocurrencies (so easy to lose all your holdings by losing your security keys!)
…especially triggered with the recent UST – Luna – Anchor Protocol crypto collapse as well.
Deep and very serious reminders to:
Do not invest more you can afford to lose
Dont invest more than you can afford to lose and definitely, definitely do NOT borrow to invest (speculate or gamble) in high risk investments.
Crypto is definitely highly volatile and you can lose everything you put in there.
My 2X rule now is that whenever an investment 2X (or ideally 3X), I need to take out 1-1.5X out.
Let the remaining amount go as far as possible.
Diversify beyond crypto
Don’t go all in or balls-deep into crypto (or any ONE investment).
Look, I believe in crypto, but it’s highly volatile AND doesn’t provide me cashflow like rental or dividends, so me and missus are now researching into income-generating assets to diversify into.
Start a side hustle to
- diversify your income (multiple sources of boss-less income)
- grow your network
- profits can be used to invest in other income-producing assets or reinvested
- potential to grow and scale
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.