The bottomline conclusion of this is that who we become is something that we can grow to the best of our abilities, hope, love, faith and more; and any material gains will come along with our personal growth. Furthermore, any material items can be lost, but if we learn how to manage and build value, we can always rebuild our lives again.
To add, to become a person whose life brings value and meaning to others in such a good way that when one leaves the world, others may grieve and cry in true love and grief, that makes the world a better place with us in it than with us without.
Such a life cannot be achieved by persons or organizations whose values are of evil, corruption and of the dark, such as thieves, liars, cheaters, scammers, murderers – literal or otherwise. Yes, these beings may ultimately get redeemed or have children who partake the path of light and good, yet…
Who We Become Is Infinitely More Important Than What We Can Get Materially
This is a statement and conclusion that has been around for time memorial, and the wisdom in it is infinite – it’s from the bible actually:
Matthew 16:26 What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
From what I can tell and see, simply by using an analogy – it’s like stealing all the money from an entrepreneur – one may steal the “current” money in another’s hand, but if the one whose belonging and income is stolen, is it not possible that they can make money and wealth again? Also, in the same line, is it not possible for the thief to run out of the stolen money and hence has to resort to stealing again?
In the short term, yes, stomach hunger is filled, but that’s it.
But the person who understands the knowhow, is easily able to replace their income and wealth and belongings, even if not immediately, but the potential is a lot hire. Hence focusing on learning and growth is much more valuable.
That is a simple explanation.
Can we imagine, the evils of the world, say Hitler, or the Devil, or some corrupt evil being whom you know in your life, how would they carry themselves in the world, in front of their families and future children and God? Would they be openly evil or indirectly evil? Would they speak the truth of twist it?
Diving a little deeper, let’s consider the person who actively cheats, steals, hurts another for material gains or fame. This can be directly a la thief or even shady sociopaths found in organizations who backstabs another, steals credit and fame and tear each other down. Let’s consider, say this person is able to backstab, cheat and kill his or her way to the top.
Then what? What’s the point? What’s the outcome?
At the end of the journey, there is only two (2) outcomes for this person:
- hang out with other cheats, backstabbers, liars
- or try to hide their actions and wrongdoings from their loved ones either by justification or omission
We can see, either options and outcomes aren’t fantastic.
Worse, there is a 3rd outcome: as we die, we will have to account to God the Father – where everything good and bad that we had done or allowed to happen by not preventing, will have to account to God:
Romans 14:10-13 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.
Make no mistake about this: we will have to stand before God at the end of our lives, and we will have to account to Him of all our works, good and bad.
From this verse, it’s clear:
- we will all get judged by God
- don’t judge each other because God will judge anyway
Hence my practical conclusion is to then choose love, choose life and choose good success. What’s the point of gaining the whole world but losing one’s soul? Or leaving a path of bloody trail and bodies to “succeed”?
This entire article and argument is based on the idea that most individuals have innate goodness and conscience; for those who are sociopaths and psychopaths, they embrace evil practices without remorse and will not apply in this rationale and circumstances.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.