I promise you, I DON’T WANT TO. My wife can testify for me, that I have a personal fear of sharks, no thanks to Shark Week by Discovery Channel adding more fear to my already strong fear of sharks. To be honest, this fear is something new, and strong enough to the extent that I would avoid going to the beach and the seas now (I used to love going to the beach to chill and play in the seas), but now even if we go to the seas, I’ll stay on shore, thank you very much.
Okay, enough about my fear of sharks – I had an interesting dream last night, the night of 12/2/2012. I vaguely recall this situation where I was atop a boat, with a peak performance coach (how do I know it’s a peak performance coach, I don’t know, but I knew the intention of the person, who wanted me to overcome my fear of sharks.
Here’s the dream – so I saw myself atop a boat, sun and win in my face, surrounded by clear blue skies, but there was ice in the sea, and a little chilly. About 10 feet away, there was a huge whale on the surface of the sea. He pointed to the whale and said
“we’re going to dive into the water, swim to the whale there, touch and pat it, and then swim back.”
So I thought, well, that sounds ok.
Until he continued “there’s some great white sharks about 35 feet away, so when you dive, swim quickly.”
I went “Oh my sweet God! Why oh why oh why?”
Then the coach said “Nigel, you can do it. Overcome this, you can do more.” Then I started imagining things (interesting how I could imagine things when I’m dreaming – sounds a little like lucid dreaming) like if there were other sharks and predators nearer than 35 feet, maybe lying around the boat, and what happened if I had cramps etc.
He dove first into the water, and the splash woke me from my imagination in my dream, but I was still atop the boat. Without skipping a beat, I dove into the icy cold water, my heart and head screaming “what the hell are you doing? There ARE SHARKS here” and I swam for dear life to the belly of the whale, and my coach reached before me, and we both patted the belly of the whale, and we swam back. I remembered, as we reached the boat and started climbing back onto the boat, I remembered looking back into the waters to imagine the great white shark “Jaws” to be under us and waiting to take a bite at us.
There was nothing to be seen. Nothing there. Just the waves beating against the boat, as I climbed onto deck. My coach was nowhere to be seen.
It was just me on the boat, and I remember shouting and screaming and laughing and crying, all at the same time. So much energy was released from me, negative energy was dismissed, and positive energy and emotions poured out so much, in waves after waves. I’ll be honest. I remember crying in the dreams, but I was laughing at the same time.
I woke up with a certain certainty in my heart.
I knew that the tide is changing. We are having a breakthrough, and our sharks are just imaginary in our minds. Or at least in my mind. Metaphorically, I would say that it was a dream to signify a breakthrough in my mind and atmosphere of faith, belief and success. I’d even say it’s a breakthrough in my personal development walk, though I had not been thinking about any peak performance coaches or sharks for some time.
When I woke up, I felt that I had overcome something, and something great is about to unfurl in our lives. And it felt great! Liberating, overcoming, great joy from deep inside, and a certain certainty that makes me feel that nothing in this world can ever stop me, ever.
Table Of Contents
WHAT ARE THE SHARKS OF YOUR LIFE?
Looking back, the same thing can be applied to you too. What are some fears in your life? Mine was sharks but I don’t think it’s purely literal, it’s metaphorical for my other fears in life. Such as disappointment. Fear of failure. What’s yours? Name them, and toss them. You can do it.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.