Following an earlier post of how I had gone to a bag shop in Chop Chip Huat in search for an appropriate backpack for myself as my own is pretty shabby and torn (see that article here), subsequently I had Zalora dropping me an email to check out their backpack range too.
Their email sent me to their general men’s backpack page where at a glance I could see a whole list of backpack like how it looks below –
I was spoilt for choice but…
To be honest, initially, I was bowled over by the sheer number of men’s and women’s backpacks…until I realized that many of the backpacks are unisex, which means that the same ones are found in both the men’s and women’s pages. Whew. That makes my reviewing easier. =)
Because I’m a guy, I went over immediately to the men’s backpacks, looked through all 243 backpacks and identified the following as preferred picks that I like and I believe I will personally use:
Herschel’s Survey Backpack SGD 109.00 with free shipping
Fourskin’s Water Repellent Backpacks SGD 49.90 with free shipping
My top picks are listed below close to the end of the article.
My experience visiting the backpack section of Zalora Singapore’s website
The good: I think what I really like about visiting their website is that the
- layout is clean and nicely spaced
- not too cluttered with information
- easy to navigate
- lots of bag choices that are eye catching
- free shipping! (yay!)
The bad: But the bad part was that
- I couldn’t really touch and feel the material and texture of the bags that caught my eye
- I can’t put the bag on my shoulder and back to see how it looks on me
More importantly, at least to me, is that they take responsibility and are transparent upfront. In their FAQ, they cover issues such as if you would like to return a product or cancel an order, they tell you how to do it. In fact, if you received a defective product, they also apologize in advance and ask you to connect with them through a direct link on the same FAQ page. I like that transparency and honesty. Even though I don’t think about stuff like that, but they’ve gone ahead and gave me options should something happen.
So…what’s my top pick?
|From a utilitarian perspective, my top pick will be Fourskin’s Water Repellent Backpack that is olive green with beige straps. I am more of a utilitarian than a fashionista, so what caught my eye was that it is waterproof (awesome against unexpected rain) and it’s medium sized 11″ x 15″ x 3.5″|
|From a style perspective, I’ll go with Herschel’s Survey Backpack, which is suitable for city use. As I tend to go with classic colors, I really like the black version. I like it that there’s two front straps which increases the safety of my stuff inside the bag too.
(click here to see more details on this bag)
Conclusion of my experience of Zalora.com.sg
To be frank, most of the time it’s my wife, Louise, who does most of the apparels and purchases, be it offline or online…so that limits much of my exposure to online fashion websites such as Zalora.
But now that I’ve been exposed to it, I’m actually quite fascinated with the convenience of looking and buying bags and clothes of a wide selection online, all from the convenience of my home. No need to hassles with other shoppers or travel to a specific place just to see a product.
Of course, that’d also mean that I have to trade the convenience for actually feeling the product and trying to see if it fits or looks good for me.
What do you think?
Table Of Contents
Circles Life Promo Code M…
Can’t stand the manifestation…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.