This is an extremely important question to ask and ponder, on a regular basis.
Maybe every week.
It’s an important exercise because it’s a highly visual and exploratory exercise, taking note of where and who we are today, and mapping / connecting it to where we want to be in X amount of time.
This X can be 1 year…5 years…. Or even 10 years later.
Guiding questions include
- How much do I want to earn per day / month by x time?
- How much do I need to have and earn monthly by x time to be independent?
- How much time do I want to spend doing things I want by x time?
Expand this questions and write down what you need to do consistently to take you to where and who you want to be in X time.
We become what we do, and we do what we think. If we just do what we react and feel reactively, that’s just a reactive life and most of the time, reactive living isn’t really living – it’s mainly responding to something. The risk to this is also that you do not control where and how you’d end up – reactive isn’t gonna take you to where you wanna go.
And you don’t want to go where you don’t want to go when you have less time, energy and resources (Eg after 10 years)
I encourage you to start asking these guiding questions and imagine and wonder who do you want to be and where do you want to be by 5, 10, 20 or longer years.
Start this now and do this daily.
The image in the beginning will be vague and blurry, but as you do it more often, the image becomes increasingly clearer and also more compelling.
Do more of what brings you closer to who you want to be, where you want to go.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.