This is an extremely important question to ask and ponder, on a regular basis.
Maybe every week.
It’s an important exercise because it’s a highly visual and exploratory exercise, taking note of where and who we are today, and mapping / connecting it to where we want to be in X amount of time.
This X can be 1 year…5 years…. Or even 10 years later.
Guiding questions include
- How much do I want to earn per day / month by x time?
- How much do I need to have and earn monthly by x time to be independent?
- How much time do I want to spend doing things I want by x time?
Expand this questions and write down what you need to do consistently to take you to where and who you want to be in X time.
We become what we do, and we do what we think. If we just do what we react and feel reactively, that’s just a reactive life and most of the time, reactive living isn’t really living – it’s mainly responding to something. The risk to this is also that you do not control where and how you’d end up – reactive isn’t gonna take you to where you wanna go.
And you don’t want to go where you don’t want to go when you have less time, energy and resources (Eg after 10 years)
I encourage you to start asking these guiding questions and imagine and wonder who do you want to be and where do you want to be by 5, 10, 20 or longer years.
Start this now and do this daily.
The image in the beginning will be vague and blurry, but as you do it more often, the image becomes increasingly clearer and also more compelling.
Do more of what brings you closer to who you want to be, where you want to go.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.