I usually get this sense from my friends and families that I’m swimming in money, being popular, being successful and crushing it. They think that I wake up happy and passion lighting my energy, I wake up early, exercise, have a nice cold shower and then my bulletproof coffee.
That I can take holidays whenever I want, however long I want.
Entrepreneurship seems to be trending now because of super successful platform businesses such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and more, making people like
- Elon Musk
- Jeff Bezos
- Mark Zuckerberg
to be very popular.
Throw in social media sites such as TikTok and Instagram which further glamorizes entrepreneurship, and thats why you will get the hype of entrepreneurship today: it’s trendy to have “founder” in your name card.
Here’s what they don’t tell you about entrepreneurship and the struggle of entrepreneurs.
1) I’m always stressed. There’s always a fire to put out, a problem to solve. Sometimes these happens during inconvenient days or times but we cant choose.
2) I’m always worried about money, sales, revenue, people, vendors, competitors, compliance etc.
3) I’m always thinking. I cant disengage. There is no 9-5 weekdays for me – it’s 24/7, 365 days a year.
4) Work never ends I can’t clock out from a 9-5 weekday. Any problems at work on a Sunday – the buck ends with me. Also, many of these work are boring and cannot be delegated such as executive decision making and works.
5) Your relationships WILL be tested. Both business and personal. Business because you will be working with co-founders who will have their own preferences, nuances and ideas, so expect some disagreements and sometimes things don’t work out. Personally, your personal life may be more strained too because if you have un-ending work and cant check out, your family may feel distanced from you. We hadnt talked about social life too.
6) Many Risks such as
– extreme highs and lows which can be crazy
– high-blindness which can put you at risk of mad failure
– mental health strains
– physical health decline
….BUT is entrepreneurship worth it?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.