I have been following the TV series House, on an on-off love-hate relationship for some time now, and it started when my lovely wife introduced it to me I think in 2009. The first time I watched it, it made me really laugh and smile and sometimes tear, at the sorrows and joys from the scenes within the show.
The megalomaniacal Dr. House, an ultra-brilliant but ultra-bitter and broken at the same time (literally too, as he has a chronic injury to his right hip and thigh that leaves him to limp, and very bitter). What he does is solves cases that were undiagnosable to doctors and medical specialists, along with his team that changed and evolved over the seasons.
But this article isn’t about all that. I watched the last episode of House yesterday with my wife, and I was blown away by the ending *spoiler alert* but I wanted to share about some of the fuzzy, warm-inside experiences and the-after lessons that I gained and garnered from the last episode.
To put things in perspective, this was what transpired:
|Wilson, ironically, being the oncologist, contracted a terminal cancer that will end his life in 5 months. House falsified his own death, resulting in him never being able to practice medicine again, so that he can spend the next 5 months with Wilson, before he dies.|
In the end, House obliterated his entire being, reputation and future, so that he will avoid being put in prison (caused by a prank that went wrong) and spend the next 5 months with Wilson, that will be Wilson’s last 5 months on the face of the earth as the terminal disease eats away at him.
The last conversation before the series ends:
Wilson: House, when the cancer get too much for me…
House: Cancer’s boring.
House wears his helmet, and Wilson does too, and they ride away.
To me, it’s amazing what a sacrifice that House made. He literally gave away his entire future and any possibilities of working in medical, forsaking all his family members and friends who would have think that House has died, all for his best friend, Wilson. Throughout the entire series and seasons, it’s been depicted such that House is a very selfish asshole, lying constantly, petty and quarrelsome, though doing it brilliantly at times. Self-abusive and addicted to vicodine too. It seems that the whole show was about him and his ego (interesting, as the whole show actually is about him, that’s why it’s called ‘House’), and that his colleagues and staff would keep getting angry about “having to protect him” and that they have to let him pay for his own deeds “so he’ll learn”.
This happened all the way to the end where Wilson too said it, because House wanted Wilson to take the rap for the prank that had went bad, and being caught for it, it’d mean that House will be in prison for 6 months…enough to miss Wilson’s last 5 months on earth – but Wilson refused it.
In the end, though it wasn’t explained how House got into the building and how the fire started in the building (bits and pieces of information that I picked up and garnered that his last patient got him heroin to use, and he tried to commit suicide but it obviously failed) and he started to hallucinate about people he has come into contact with – dead Kutner, dead Amber, his ex-wife, his ex-staff Cameron who loved him. The first three wanted him to live, but the last one wanted him to die, and not out of spite but out of love.
He escaped through the back of the building and was last seen by Wilson to be crushed under burning debris, and his “body” was found after the fire was put out, and that the body was indeed confirmed to be House’s (he planted information there). Later, in the eulogy, everyone who was in the series and who were more prominent was seen and heard sharing their eulogy of him and their experience with him, and all spoke very positively about him and what he did that was good, though it seemed badly and distastefully done at times. Only when it came to Wilson, Wilson was the only one who started saying this like “House…is an ass.” and he went on to berate House still, until he got a SMS from House, saying
Shut up you idiot
Shocked, he left the eulogy and looked for House at his place, and found him seated at the front porch, and it looked like he was waiting for him. House explained how he escaped and why he made the conscious decision to erase his present and future by faking his death.
So I’ll have 5 months with you (before you die).
To which Wilson took a few seconds to register, then he smiled. That was just beautiful friendship. To die for a friend. By itself, it’s even biblical
Table Of Contents
New King James Version (NKJV)
13Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
I loved this ending, and this ending is probably the only ending to any shows that I’ve ever watched or paid attention to long enough. What a beautiful ending to this series, and from here I’ll probably leave my imagination how they’d spend their last 5 months playing together, enjoying life as it is, and as they are.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.