Don’t get me wrong, I love my dividend stocks.
I mean, I love the passive income that comes from all the profit surplus that I inject into dividend stock investing, and in Singapore, not only dividends and capital gains are tax free (thank you Singapore) but the dividends are wired straight into my bank account (see my passive income reports)
This is passive income in its purest.
Of course, there are quite a few shortcomings:
- It truly takes money to invest in dividend stocks to get the passive income. Personally, for me to be 100% on dividend passive income living, I’ll need to have at least SGD$ 2 million invested, and based on an average 5% return per annum, that’d mean I’ll get $100K per year. SGD$ 2 million is far away at this point in time, but it’s doable over a period of say 20 years.
- The yields range between 2.6% to 12%, the lower the yield the more stable but slower, and the higher the yield of course the fluctuation is higher, so it depends on your risk.
- You will have to research the companies that you want to invest in, to ensure that they’re defensive and safe and strong in the country and industry for a period of time; and keep updated but not that often (either monthly, quarterly, bi-annually or yearly)
A 5% yield from $100 is only $5, and that’s insufficient no matter how I look at it. For dividend stocks investing, yes, it’s a long term game for me, but that’s also why we need to accelerate our income by first building passive income businesses that increases our income flow for investing and daily use.
Then we take the additional profit surplus and plow it into the dividend stock investing, so instead of investing a couple of thousand per year, we can invest $10K or more per year, accelerating the process.
No matter how I look at it, building an online business on the side is very important to not only have extra income to use or invest, you also learn more skills, and you then are protected from a 1-income-1-job situation, so whatever happens to your job, your side business will sustain and keep you going.
If you’re a student, stay at home mum (SAHM), working full time or part time, or retired: you must build an online business on the side. Please don’t quit your job yet, build it on the side until it’s profitable enough to replace your salary, then you have more options.
It’s not a luxury but truly a necessity for your future.
I’ve built multiple businesses (and lost multiple too) and I can tell you frankly that building a business on the internet is the cheapest/most cost-effective way to business. There are thousands of people who do so sharing on topics that they’re passionate about (like how NigelChua.com shares on passive income and online business, which is my passion…for years now).
I know I am making some money online (see my income reports), and I know my financial future is getting better and better. But it is not easy, and takes a lot of time to learn and apply but I am building my passive income internet businesses that will work for me day in, day out; serving readers and customers profitably and delivering value 24/7.
To learn how I to make money online, join my mailing list and visit my resources page to see all the tools I use actively to build money making online businesses.
Table Of Contents
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
Should I Start With Wealthy…
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Make Money Online Singap…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
Good or bad…hard to…
Passive Income Reports
Passive Income, Busin…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.