Because I schedule my posts in advance, by the time you read this post which is scheduled for 16th September 2013, my first full time staff would have long left and gone by then.
Well…it won’t be my first, nor will it be my last – as we grow the business, we will definitely hire more staff who will also come and go later. It was an odd and interesting myriad of feelings that I experienced when she came to me and started the conversation with “You’re not going to like this conversation.”Such sentences make poor, poor conversations. I think.
She sat down and she told me the that she will be leaving, when she looks to leave and which company that she’ll be joining. She told me that she felt bad, because we were all close like family, and that we’ve been taking care of her but she needed to leave to progress and grow.
And that she didn’t tell me earlier because she needed to protect herself, because her previous employer, upon hearing that she wants to quit, told her to leave immediately.
In my heart, I already knew that such a moment would come – in business and life, people come and go all the time. In fact, a long time ago I had realized that. It’s just that I didn’t expect her to leave in less than a year’s practice with us.
This is the first time that I had a full time staff that was leaving, and experiencing this was a new feeling of grief, pain of loss, fearful of business….yet it was bittersweet, as I knew and understood her reasons for wanting to leave.
I didn’t even get angry, not once. Only once did I try to reason and to ask her to stay, but when it seemed that she had made up her mind, I made a decision in my heart and mind to not pursue the matter. I told her I understood, and I told her to not feel bad, and wished her all the best wherever she goes.
Then I gave her a sideways hug, and ushered her back to her own room.
The next day, I told her that we needed to have a farewell party to say our goodbyes, and she was shocked that I would do such a thing. Perhaps, she drew reference from her previous experience where her ex-boss threw her out immediately.
I don’t subscribe to that. I believe that one should always pursue growth and be happy for others as they pursue their goals and move towards their dreams.
Thank you so much for your help and partnership working with us, Karine Rogers – we at Urbanrehab will not forget you, nor your friendship with us. We miss you already!
All the best wherever you are! =D
Friends, nothing is forever. Let us enjoy each others presence as often and as much as we can, as we can; at the same time, doing the best we can as well.
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.