Note: this is an old article that I found, it was since 2011, when we first partnered with a health company in Paragon – the CFO then was a pain in the ass to speak to and work with.
I went to lie down to rest, and my wife went to take the blood pressure machine to check my blood pressure (I tell you, wives are very wise) and when she took my blood pressure, we found it to be quite raised and elevated to 146/103, which is pretty high for me (I usually am at about 125/80).
This incident was pretty shocking and frightening at the same time, and I suddenly was filled with ideas of thoughts of “perhaps I’m going to get a stroke”, followed by “OMG. I imagined myself in newspaper with ‘youngest stroke man'”, and the like. I was still faint, so I lay down on my own medical plinth, what a convenience, to rest.
I took about an hour to rest, and slowly but surely my blood pressure normalized to 125/96 (systolic reading still elevated) but at least I don’t feel faint anymore. My feet feels firmly secure on the ground now. When I woke up, I immediately told myself that I have no problems, it’s a fluke and a mistake, that I am healthy as an ox, and repeated that to myself for about five minutes, until I achieve a sense of calm in my mind and soul, before I stopped.
That’s when I know, I’ll be okay.
This incident reinforced my perspectives and thinking, that I will choose to do and pay attention to the execution of things that matter. Things that don’t matter as much will receive secondary or little attention for me. Interestingly, I started this last night by switching off all work from 7 pm onwards. No more work, no matter how inspired I am. If I get a spark of inspiration, it’d just be jotted down and emailed to myself in a short note, and I’ll attend to it tomorrow during my work time.
I spent last night cooking dinner for us, having a wonderful dinner with Louise, conversing and talking about our daily events, our lives, where we’re heading to, family matters, reading blogs, helping a neighbour’s son print out a picture for his school project, and even had time to sing some songs (like a frog still, but it’s okay =p).
We were in bed at 9.30 pm, and had some fruits and chips on the bed, and continued talking, and I felt so comfortable and rested, and slowly dozed to sleep, and woke up energized at 6.30 in the morning.
I like life this way. =)
I’ll exercise a tad more, eat a little healthier, spend quality time with loved ones, pray, sing and worship my God, and live life helping others. Sounds like a good life.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.