There are literally hundreds and thousands of online scams out there (if not more), and many of them are disguised as the safe, DIY home business kinds, but there are many hard-pushing and evil ones too. In the beginning it’s kind of hard to tell, but once you study it and experience it, you’d be able to tell too.
Read the ten tips that follow to protect yourself and your loved ones from being scammed online.
1. Do your research: you have to do your due diligence, and it’s so simple, usually just typing in the topic + word “scam” into a search engine and you’d find out info in due time. An example is if you received an offer saying “Website X”, go to a search engine and search “Website X Scam”. Don’t pay for anything until you’ve done enough research to conclude it’s worth your time and money.
2. Read the website URL: if the website URL is something like “www.proven-ways-to-make-you-millions.com” or something along those lines, please, walk away. Usually the words include millions, rich, wealthy etc, but do your research.
3. Pictures of money/jets/fast cars/hot girls: usually stock images of people having good time and lots of money and women…which is indicative that it’s not really real.
4. Ignore the common ClickBank results images: which usually looks something like this
Yes, it looks enticing…and it’s tempting, but its the same image that everyone uses.
5. Copy And Search The Text: randomly copy and paste a paragraph (that doesn’t have the website name in the text) in Google and search. See how many results come up: the more likely means that there’s many people “selling/offering the same opportunities too”. Walk away.
6. Note for high-pressure sales calls/situations: erm, I’ve personally seen how websites warn you that they can run out of PDF files to sell, so you must buy them now. Right. Actually, wrong. It’s literally impossible to run out of digital copies…so if you see a timer counting down…it’s a pressure tactic. Refresh the page and you’ll see the timer resetting and that the deal is closing tomorrow. Common sales tactics.
7. Speak to a person: if you’re in doubts, always try to connect with the website owner, and if you cannot get in touch with an actual person or it keeps going into something automated, move on. No point, because if they can ignore you now, definitely when you have parted money, they will ignore you too later.
8. Ignore all offers that comes through unsolicited emails: please never sign up for those random programs that was sent to your email address. Almost 100% scams. Try to protect your inbox more.
9. Check with the BBB: use the Better Business Bureau’s search function to check how legit is a company and/or if there’s any complaints against it. Read in detail.
10. Trust your head and instincts: when in doubt, trust your doubts. Your instinct usually knows well.
WHAT ABOUT YOURSELF?
If you’re a student, stay at home mum (SAHM), working full time or part time, or retired: you must build an online business on the side. Please don’t quit your job yet, build it on the side until it’s profitable enough to replace your salary, then you have more options.
It’s not a luxury but truly a necessity for your future.
I’ve built multiple businesses (and lost multiple too) and I can tell you frankly that building a business on the internet is the cheapest/most cost-effective way to business. There are thousands of people who do so sharing on topics that they’re passionate about (like how NigelChua.com shares on passive income and online business, which is my passion…for years now).
I know I am making some money online (see my income reports), and I know my financial future is getting better and better. But it is not easy, and takes a lot of time to learn and apply but I am building my passive income internet businesses that will work for me day in, day out; serving readers and customers profitably and delivering value 24/7.
To learn how I to make money online, join my mailing list and visit my resources page to see all the tools I use actively to build money making online businesses.
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Make Money Online Singap…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?