There is an insecurity and fear of “that you cannot let others say something bad or negative about you/me”
I’ve seen this repeatedly done and mentioned, like a mantra from children to adults to employees and even people in authority. It’s like a broken record, where so many people are afraid of judgement by others, especially negative ones.
So I’d like to talk about this.
Firstly you must know that many people are reactive, fearful and insecure rather than being loving, kind and generous. This itself will give you insight that not all data matters.
EVEN if they’re said by your parents or loved ones.
Secondly, it doesn’t really matter because in the end, you have to own your own life. You cant live your life based on what others tell you to do. That by itself is already a sure way to be unhappy, because you leave your happiness in the words, whims and fancies of others. Which many are idiots.
Thirdly, negative thoughts are much more sticky compared to good ones – a single negative thought can be 20X more sticky in your head and heart. An example is that if you have 10 people who love you but 1 who totally hates you – you may find that the one that hates you tends to be in your heart more often.
Lastly, we need to recognize and be aware that we’re good at somethings and not good at others. Focus on honing your strengths rather than patching or improving your weaknesses. If possible do both, but if you have to choose, focus on improving your strength. The real question is how do we deal with this?
I mainly take a functional operator point of view, which I use a filter, with these guiding questions:
- Is this true?
- Is this helpful or useful?
- Is this kind?
- Is this my priority?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.