Starting your business and passive income journey can be scary, but we’ve got to start somewhere, and instead of overthinking and over-worrying, here’s what I think:
JUST GET A JOB FIRST
If at this moment you don’t have a job,
- maybe you quit your job or
- maybe you just graduated or
- maybe you just got retrenched
- maybe you’re brainstorming for your big idea
And I’ve nothing wrong with brainstorming for big ideas, or quitting jobs or if you got retrenched (sorry and I hope you got a good/fair severance), but I recommend getting a job first.
The reason why I highly recommend getting a job first because most human beings, be it single, dating and especially if one is married with kids, we all need stable income.
- we need to eat
- we need to pay the bills
- we need roof over our heads
- we need to be able to travel to work/places
(Unless of course, you have a fully paid home that runs on self-generated electricity, with a water source that’s safe and a garden/farm that produces all the food you need, then fine lol).
But if you can’t eat, if you can’t pay the bills, if you are struggling to pay rent and struggling to travel, and especially with kids – this is what we call
when shit hits the fan
AT THIS POINT, YOUR #1 GOAL IS TO GET A JOB FIRST. ANY JOB.
Any job will do.
Ignore your inner rebellion of “low class jobs” or whatever – when you and your loved ones can eat, can sleep safely, can go to work, THEN only you consider working on any business idea or side hustles OUTSIDE of your 9-5.
It’s a functional way of resolving a problem, ie, you focus on surviving first, build the stability, and when you have a stable life and schedule,
then you look for opportunities and pockets of time (usually outside 9-5 ie 6 pm to 12 midnight) to build your side hustles
And that is how you start.
If you have a job and are stable (maybe bored out of your mind, or just want some growth or hate your boss), then it’s time to pick up at least two (2) Passive Income Machine-building projects:
1. Save as much as you can and injecting as much of your savings into very low risk index funds that pays you dividends like clockwork. Calculate how much you need to retire, and aim to reach there as soon as you can.
2. Pick up a side hustle – I like online businesses (be it affiliate marketing, ecommerce or now I’m exploring being an Amazon Kindle Publisher) where it’s low cost to learn/start, and with unlimited passive income learning potential.
Drop the stupid NetFlix/TV watching habit – none of TV or screen time will bring you closer to your business or passive income dream, even if you watch YouTube “trainings” by people who is there.
GET SHIT DONE
You want to do business? Go out there, explore, and do it.
You want passive income? Invest in dividend stocks/index funds, or learn how to build passive income businesses.
Let nothing get in your way.
Yes, you make make mistakes along the way as you learn and refine. But just don’t keep reading and dreaming and watching – nothing changes until we take consistent massive action to get to where we want to be from where we are.
If not, one year from today, you may be exactly where you are still.
I Decided To Learn More A…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
Wealthy Affiliate – My…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
Link To Us! - If you've enjoyed any of the articles here, I'll really appreciate your help if you could link to the specific post/article/homepage from your website, blog, LinkedIn or social media accounts such as FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram etc - this will help us to grow and serve you better - thank you! =)
Note/Disclaimer: The information in this blog/forum/comments is distributed on an "As Is'' basis, without warranty of any kind. The site owner may have a financial relationship with some of the companies or products mentioned on the blog. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate programs, a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising. Advertisement does not imply endorsement. Information might not be completely comprehensive and some readers may want to consult additional sources. This blog/forum does not contain professional advice. For professional advice, consult a professional. By reading this blog/forum/comments you acknowledge full responsibility for your actions with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly in connection with the blog/forum.