Starting your business and passive income journey can be scary, but we’ve got to start somewhere, and instead of overthinking and over-worrying, here’s what I think:
Table Of Contents
JUST GET A JOB FIRST
If at this moment you don’t have a job,
- maybe you quit your job or
- maybe you just graduated or
- maybe you just got retrenched
- maybe you’re brainstorming for your big idea
And I’ve nothing wrong with brainstorming for big ideas, or quitting jobs or if you got retrenched (sorry and I hope you got a good/fair severance), but I recommend getting a job first.
The reason why I highly recommend getting a job first because most human beings, be it single, dating and especially if one is married with kids, we all need stable income.
- we need to eat
- we need to pay the bills
- we need roof over our heads
- we need to be able to travel to work/places
(Unless of course, you have a fully paid home that runs on self-generated electricity, with a water source that’s safe and a garden/farm that produces all the food you need, then fine lol).
But if you can’t eat, if you can’t pay the bills, if you are struggling to pay rent and struggling to travel, and especially with kids – this is what we call
when shit hits the fan
AT THIS POINT, YOUR #1 GOAL IS TO GET A JOB FIRST. ANY JOB.
Any job will do.
Ignore your inner rebellion of “low class jobs” or whatever – when you and your loved ones can eat, can sleep safely, can go to work, THEN only you consider working on any business idea or side hustles OUTSIDE of your 9-5.
It’s a functional way of resolving a problem, ie, you focus on surviving first, build the stability, and when you have a stable life and schedule,
then you look for opportunities and pockets of time (usually outside 9-5 ie 6 pm to 12 midnight) to build your side hustles
And that is how you start.
If you have a job and are stable (maybe bored out of your mind, or just want some growth or hate your boss), then it’s time to pick up at least two (2) Passive Income Machine-building projects:
1. Save as much as you can and injecting as much of your savings into very low risk index funds that pays you dividends like clockwork. Calculate how much you need to retire, and aim to reach there as soon as you can.
2. Pick up a side hustle – I like online businesses (be it affiliate marketing, ecommerce or now I’m exploring being an Amazon Kindle Publisher) where it’s low cost to learn/start, and with unlimited passive income learning potential.
Drop the stupid NetFlix/TV watching habit – none of TV or screen time will bring you closer to your business or passive income dream, even if you watch YouTube “trainings” by people who is there.
GET SHIT DONE
You want to do business? Go out there, explore, and do it.
You want passive income? Invest in dividend stocks/index funds, or learn how to build passive income businesses.
Let nothing get in your way.
Yes, you make make mistakes along the way as you learn and refine. But just don’t keep reading and dreaming and watching – nothing changes until we take consistent massive action to get to where we want to be from where we are.
If not, one year from today, you may be exactly where you are still.
I Decided To Learn More A…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
Wealthy Affiliate – My…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.