This seems to be a recurring theme in this season of mine, as I struggle with how I deal with employees and colleagues who are poor workers. In my conversation with high profile organization heads and leaders, I find that we all struggle with this issue of manpower –
That people whom we hire do not work the way they promised to, falling short of the job description by huge margins.
One of them shared with me what he did to his errant worker, who wanted a permanent job (she was a contract employee) but spent more time talking about non-essentials rather than work on what is really required to be done.
He pulled her aside and spoke to her, asking her – “You do want to be a permanent employee right? In that case, you’ve got to stop talking and start working. You’re not employed to be a public relations officer; if I was looking for one, I’ll pick the best looking one on the street to do that. Do you understand what I mean?”
She nodded her head and got to work.
What do you think? Do you think she’ll change her ways?.
In the end, she ended up being in cahoots with another person to destroy his job, the man who stood up for her to get her a permanent job. She did her level best to get rid of him, slowly and painfully. His boss took pleasure in making him as uncomfortable as she could, shouting at him needlessly and pinning other people’s mistakes onto him, until she eventually removed his job. But interestingly, the way she removed his job was interesting – she handed him the termination letter which required him to stay another 8 months “to teach the next group of people to takeover his job”…but what is crucial to understand is, if he is so important that he needed to stay another 8 months to train others to do his job, why terminate him in the first place?
Having this conversation with him has really stretched my mind about the difference in the corporate settings, and how things can move so quickly, and how people can be so vicious, and ungrateful.
Table Of Contents
My 1st Year Using Site Bui…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.