I came across an interesting biblical verse over last Sunday when we went visiting my parents in Malaysia, and we decided to go along with them to their church.
The verse was printed onto the bulletin, and it read:
God can use sorrow in our lives to help us turn away from sin and to seek salvation. We will never regret that kind of sorrow. 2 Corinthians 7:10
Following it was a short passage, something like a “food for thought perspective:
There is a fine line between sorrow and guilt. God wants you to be sorry when you have done something wrong. Sincere sorrow is part of the process of repentance. Satan, on the other hand, wants you to go far beyond sorrow. Satan uses guilt as an oppressive emotion. The next time you regret your actions, thank God. Your sorrow is a sign that Jesus is alive and active in your life.
Sometimes we are sorrowful for the ending of a phase in our lives, such as the passing on of a loved one, the dissolution of a favored friendship or relationship. Sometimes its not because of the event itself, but the suddenness and acuteness of a situation, exacerbated by violence of guns, chemicals and force, such as automobile accidents, poisonings etc, leading to incidents where
“It’s so sudden, I just saw him/her yesterday”
Does that sound familiar? No matter how short or long the loss process, we undergo a sorrowful process where we acknowledge our past, examine our history, and come to terms with the loss. This period of time is crucial for us to remember where we come from, and how far we have come from, and to accept the change no matter how painful or heart-rendering it is.
The function of pain, according to Wikipedia:
Pain is part of the body’s defense system, producing a reflexive retraction from the painful stimulus, and tendencies to protect the affected body part while it heals, and avoid that harmful situation in the future. It is an important part of animal life, vital to healthy survival. People with congenital insensitivity to pain have reduced life expectancy.
Table Of Contents
A PLACE FOR PAIN AND SORROW
There is a place for true sorrow in our lives,which is that it protects us and helps the affected part as it heals. Take it as a guard that you use to protect a body part that is injured. In retrospect, I think the problem that we often face is because we keep rehearsing this painful orchestra of “why me?” or “why did it happen” and most of the time, our deepest pain is not the incident itself per se, but more because of deep-seated regrets.
Our true pain is regret.
Regrets or fear of regretting that we could have done more, or better in some ways or another.
And you know what, sometimes you’re right. Sometimes you could have done better. Sometimes not. Regardless, we are human, and we try our best. Recently I came across one of my buddies’ articles, where her husband shared on how to take things a little easier by giving points for trying – by having two scales side by side, one scale is the actual achievement of a goal/activity, and the other scale beside it is to evaluate the level of effort done.
An example is if you ask me how I’m doing with regards to my business, income and growth. I’ll say that there’s lots of room to grow, yes, we had grown a lot but still there are lots yet not done. If you score base on what I had actually achieved, I’ll give myself a paltry 4.5/10, because I am not there yet.
But if you ask me about the effort scale, I’ll give myself a whopping 8/10. I am pushing myself, often close to my comfort zone, and based on that, I’m quite happy.
What about you? What pains and sorrows and regrets are with you now? If you can identify any sorrows and pains, right now, close your eyes and envision the pain and regrets again.
Then tell yourself gently,
I acknowledge my past regrets and pains that I’ve experienced. They are valuable experiences that are important for my growth as a person. I am learning, and I am not my pain, through I am in pain. There is a place for sorrow and pain, and that is for me to learn. I am learning, everyday.
Can’t stand the manifestation…
Passive Income, Busin…
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.