If you dont have a plan for your money, you’d become broke.
And that’s precisely what happened to me, because I lived on whim and spent on whim, so there’s always not enough and too much month to live on my last couple of bucks, until I learnt this concept of money tactics.
In a nutshell, whenever any money comes into my accounts, they’re immediately segmented and divided into specific use departments, for example
- Investment 10%
- Mortgage / rental 20%
- Savings 10%
- Utilities 10%
- Charity / tithe 10%
- Spend the rest
You can tweak the percentages as you see fit, but do not decrease your investments and savings rate less than 20%. Once I had paid for investments, savings, roof and whatever, I am “allowed” to spend whatever is left, guilt free.
Even the balance is split into weeks, so the balance 40% I can use 10% per week.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.