A sacred place is a place that’s sacred. To you. A place where no one can find you, where you’re protected from the elements of the natural, spiritual, mental and emotional. A temple, of sorts. A secret garden, if you subscribe to that. It can be a hidden room, but it need not be a physical one.
My sacred place is that moment where I withdraw away from the maddening crowd, from the hustle and bustle and busyness of life, from the noise, fumes and fragrances, to a place where no one can find me. No one can reach me. I switch off my hand phone, my PC will be turned off, nothing to disrupt me. I like being in lush greens, in forests and gardens. Louise enjoys the mountains.
In our sacred place, there is to be nothing. Nothingness will permeate.
And there I run to. I rest. I relax. I destress. Nothing bothers me. I pray. I cry. I laugh. And I just be. After a moment of quietness and stillness, I let go of whatever that has been holding strongly in my heart or mind, and be. Many times I get answers to dilemma, problems and challenges that I hadn’t found the answers to in my sacred place.
Making Your Own Sacred Place
1. Choose a time to getaway. It needs to be pre-scheduled, non-negotiable, and planned in advance. I prefer early in the morning where it’s quieter, but sometimes I choose a time where no one’s home, and I have the place to myself. Set the occurrence.
2. Choose a place. Someplace where it’s quieter, away from distractions. It may be a physical place, like a park, the library, a cafe, or it may be a room, a space. Whatever it is, ensure that you’d be safe, and that it’d be conducive for you to “disappear” for awhile.
3. Choose to be unavailable. Turn off your mobile devices, your PC, your laptop, your TV. Unplug the cord of your phone. Turn off the home buzzer. Set the duration, at least 30 minutes. No books. Tell people it’s an appointment (it IS an appointment)
4. Have some plain paper and writing equipment such as pens and pencils (no PC/laptop/phone) in case you get some ideas that is workable for problems that you’ve been working on.
5. Make it conducive. Play some relaxing music. Light the scented candles. If it’s a warm day, turn on the fan or the air-conditioner. If it’s a cooling day, ensure it’s not too cold. Turn off all mobile devices.
Go to your sacred place, and be. Tune out everything, and be.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?