I realized that I love (and still do) playing action RPG games, and titles I have enjoyed includes the Diablo series, HellGate London, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and most of the newer Castlevania Series. Even free ganes I download from online to my android phone are with action RPG elements.
In the recent years, I realized that I actually prefer to play more melee-based characters (think warriors, fighters, barbarians) rather than characters that employs magic, stealth or ranged attacks.
Personally, I find it much more tedious and complex (must be a little slow in the head, I guess), playing as melee fighters are so much more straight-forward and simple.
Beat baddies up, beat the big boss, save the lass/day. Rinse and repeat. And I’m pretty happy doing just this, again and again.
I find that I can draw parallels towards my preference of melee characters onto my life and business – I like to make things simple, and I embrace openness, in more matter easy or hard to do things. No sleight-of-hand, or trying to move faster than the other.
I prefer to deal with the matter openly, where it’s open for everyone to see, and I embrace fairness. Maybe that’s why often in games, warriors and fighters are “tankers” where they go headlong into battles, whereas the magic-users and ranged attackers stay from a safe distance.
It also reflects on my management style, where I have to do what I have to do, whether I like it or not. Happy and light things are easy to do, but hard things…oh, the hard things, I still brace to do them.
Come to think about it, there are only a few classes of action RPG characters:
- Melee fighers/warriors/berserkers
- Magic-users warlocks/sorcerors/shaman
- Ranged archers/gunmen/engineers
- Stealth thieves/ninja/assassins
So I’ve shared about melee fighters, let’s learn a bit more about the other types of characters.
- Magic-users warlocks/sorcerors/shaman/cleric
Magic users are individuals dedicated to the craft of elements of magic, and though there’s a few schools of thoughts that gets nitty gritty, let’s just agree that magic is the ability to harness energy in the environment to create an magical move can harness elements, animate dead, heal the sick etc.
There is an increased focused on mentality and intellectual prowess.
In life, I would say that these people are the “thinkers”, capable of structuring complex theories, models and programs, such as
At the best end, you will get the scientists, astrologers, dealmakers who creates things for the good of people and society at large. At the nastiest end, you will get the individuals who plan and scheme fraud, vice and evil.
- Ranged archers/gunmen/engineers/snipers
Ranged attackers are individuals that employs devices that allows them to attack from afar, and focuses a lot on high precision, speed and accuracy.
The devices range from guns, to bows, to crosss bows, to spears, to javelins etc.
In life, I would say that these people are people that work in support and more back-end, think administrators, bean-crunchers. Good side you will get fantastic administrators and champions of good cause; at the bad end you will get terrible administrators who creates difficulties for individuals or groups.
- Stealth thieves/ninja/assassins
Thieves, ninjas and assassins prefer to use stealth and the cover of darkness to perform their deeds (most of their strongest attacks are usually done when in stealth mode).
They employ short blades and interesting death weapons (think qatars, daggers), and work with high speed and accuracy kills. Many of them employ the use of poisons and precision attacks for maximum damage.
In life, I would say that these people are work behind the scenes to get things done. At the nastiest end, you will get the back-stabbing kind that enjoys putting people down. At the best, these are wonderful people who had helped so much but you’d almost never realize.
Think about it.
- What is your main action RPG character?
- Who are the warriors, magic-users, ranged attackers and stealth assassins you face everyday in your life and work place?
- How can you modify your approach, now that you know the characters of the people in your life?
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.