This is a follow up to my last 6 months of Paleo Diet, and I’ve finally done my blood test…and it’s shown that my lipid count is quite bad (cholesterol spike). There is a fair amount of fattiness to my liver as well. I spoke to one of my doctor friends, and they advised for a diet change to a “cleaner” one, and to do another review in three months time.
Honestly, I’m disappointed.
With the paleo diet, I’ve lost 3.5 kgs in the last 6 months, felt better than before, got leaner than before, not as hungry as before…but my cholesterol and liver results failed me. Perhaps, something to consider is that I have increased my workouts intensity and frequency, so that may have contributed to my weight loss and increase in energy.
Health Check Results as of 5/7/2012:
Weight (kg): 94.8 (down from 98.3 kgs)
Lipid / Cholesterol Profile:
- Total Cholesterol 276 (best below 200)
- HDL Cholesterol 48 (best above 40)
- LDL Cholesterol 201 (best below 130)
- Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 5.8 (best below 4.51)
- Triglycerides 136 (best below 200)
- SGPT/ALT 81 (best below 37)
- SGOT/AST 41 (best below 41)
- Gamma GT 78 (best blow 51)
The results of the health screening shows that my lipid/cholesterol profile is high, especially the LDL, which is waaaaay above recommended levels. The doctor mentioned to not worry about the liver profile as there is a high likelihood that it is because of the short-term Paleo Diet which contributed to the fattiness of the liver. They recommended that with a change of diet to a less fatty one, it’s likely that both lipids and liver function should improve (if it doesn’t then diet IS NOT a problem, but will be attributed to a problem of my own liver – hmm…perhaps a detox diet will help?)
Conclusion: the Paleo Diet is currently an unsafe program for me to continue. With this event, I’ll be considering going on a raw juice (vegetable and fruits) diet (more than 60% of my diet will consist of this), aggressively cut down on fatty/high-fat diet, and monitor for the next three to six months before repeating my blood test again. I’ll still workout in the meantime, so that’ll be a consistent variable.
I’m sad. I…think I feel a little twinge of sadness plus fear of how my life would be in poor health and the possibility of cholesterol related problem later. Though I know it was a test and recommendation and may be short termed, but perhaps I enjoyed it. I loved it. I don’t hungry so often with the Paleo Diet, which I attribute to the higher intake of saturated fats.
…then again, it may not be entirely blamed on Paleo. I wonder if it’s the cholesterol in the eggs that’s causing the cholesterol spike? Should I just shed eggs from the diet (previously on an average 2-3 eggs daily)? My doctor said that actually 70% of the cholesterol in our body is created by our liver…so in many situations, the blame can be pinned on our own body’s cholesterol-producing liver. Damn.
Hmm. After discussing with Louise, Hendri and one of my doctor friends, it’s best for me to drop this Paleo Diet entirely for now to drop all possible nutritional cholesterol contributors (possible culprits: eggs, animal fats, evaporated milk) to ensure my cholesterol levels normalize first.
Hmm…but this scare has scared me enough to think and rethink my life and focus. I’m thinking of selling off my physical rehabilitation company Urbanrehab Pte Ltd, and to change the focus of my life to one that is lesser stress and better quality of life. Of course, Urbanrehab’s profitable – in fact, it’s profits has risen and stabilize quite a bit this year, I hope that this will be a major upside to potential buyers.
Anyway, I’m keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard for open doors – pray for us and send good vibes to us in the meantime ok =)
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.