(THAT I USE PERSONALLY TOO)
Welcome to my NigelChua.com’s Resources section, a curated list of the tools and websites I strongly recommend for building and optimizing your business.
I have tested every recommendation on this page. Many of the resources listed here are crucial to running my business (or were crucial to developing NigelChua.com to where it is today).
Before digging into the awesome resources I know and trust, an important disclosure:
I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for all of your passive income needs. I’ll add to it as I learn more, but you’ll notice that in the future I will reference this page quite often. I recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience. Enjoy!
Before digging into the awesome resources I know and trust, an important disclosure:
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
DIVIDEND STOCK INVESTING RESOURCES
- Singapore Exchange (SGX – Singapore)
Brokerage (Online Platforms)
SIDE BUSINESS & FREELANCE RESOURCES
Wealthy Affiliate (WA)
Recommended To Learn How To Make Your 1st Online Business And $1000 Online
Wealthy Affiliate has been around since 2005, and I’ve been a member since 2015 – I have had a roller-coaster experience in the earlier stage and especially with comparing with Solo Build It (below, and see the comparison), but I’ve since come to the conclusion that:
- Wealthy Affiliate University is great to learn affiliate marketing and try a whole slew of niches/topics with lower costs (with WordPress cos it’s cheaper) but…
- …I’d use Solo Build It for my “winners/strong topics” due to a few reasons on why SBI is still my #1 choice for online business platform.
Best of all, there is a free-for-life basic membership option, sign up for free here, no credit card required.
Solo Build It (SBI)
My #1 Recommendation For Offline Success & Dominate Local Search Engine Marketing
Previously known as Site Build It and rebranded to Solo Build It in 2017, this IS my default go-to platform to build strong, search engine friendly, stable and safe websites since 2010.
In fact, I’ve happily shared with my friends, colleagues and readers on how I’ve built a $100k lead generation website using SBI (read that here) and that’s one of the reasons why I am so happy and comfortable to endorse and recommend SBI to you.
It works beautifully. Try it risk free, and if it’s not for you, you can get a full refund within 90 days. If you refund after 90 days, it’s pro-rated.
I’ve more than 4 sites hosted with them, and ALL of them makes money for me compared to my WordPress ones so I highly and confidently recommend it. The magic is in the traffic my SBI sites generate organically.
Read my review on Solo Build It (SBI) here:
- Solo Build It versus WordPress
- My conclusion on SBI vs WordPress after years of using both
- My 1st year results with SBI
- Why people stay with SBI
If you prefer to use/get a self-hosted WordPress, I use Bluehost – they have very good customer support and price.
LOGO, BUSINESS CARDS, LETTERHEADS, BROCHURE, FLYER, WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA DESIGN WITH FIVERR
New Fiverr Users, Use My Link And We Both Get $100 In Our Fiverr Accounts
Fiverr started being a platform where start-ups, entrepreneurs and business owners can hire designers (graphic, web/online/social media, writers etc) and purchase their services for as low as $5 for basic and simple services.
In return, Fiverr becomes a platform where designers can find customers. It’s a win-win.
I’ve been personally using Fiverr since 2016, happily too. I’ve used it to
- design business logos
- design business cards
- design business flyers
- design business infographics
I’ve a special offer, use my Fiverr referral link here, and if you’re a first-time Fiverr user, both you and me will get $100 in our Fiverr accounts! Sweet!
Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool is a powerful keyword research tool that you need to use to: research your niche and business-related keywords that you should target for all your articles and search engine optimization.
You can sign up for free at this link and get 30 credits that you can use for 30 searches =)
GetResponse Email Autoresponder is a powerful and affordable Email Marketing & Autoresponders, and they also have specific and variety of Squeeze and Landing Pages that you can use to build your list of readers and customers.
I’ve checked around, and GetResponse is one of the friendliest in terms of price
- 1st month free
- thereafter USD 15 for accounts that is less than 1000 subscribers (most competitors charge USD 29 at the same tier; more costs as the number of subscribers go out)
- there is 15% discount if you pre-pay for 12 or 24 months
Outsourced Guest Posting, Link Building & Search Engine Optimization
Yes, we can do that by ourselves, but frankly, my time is limited. Their prices are great and services are good, and I highly recommend them.
The Hoth has a LOT more services other than that, and ranges from $60 for a service (the basic Hoth Link Building) to high end custom suite ($1000+ per month), depending on how much budget you have and how aggressive/long term you want to be.
Some of their other services that I will be consuming will be press releases, link building, guest posting and search engine optimization (SEO) works.
Shopify Ecommerce Solutions
Creating Your Own E-commerce Store, Simplified
Shopify has changed and simplified trading offline (point of sales) and online (ecommerce) – if you’re thinking of starting an online store, or, if you are currently buying and selling stuff, I am confident to recommend Shopify.
In fact, my wonderful better half/wife, started using Shopify and I got to experiment with it.
Very easy to use, intuitive, and they have plug-and-play partners like Oberlo, who are basically your product suppliers.
They have goods that you can sell. You make retail, no need to source hard for products, and Oberlo/Shopify can do the fulfillment for you. I use Shopify Lite for Nalco Skincare ecommerce capabilities.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESOURCES
To be successful in life, we need to be able to harness energy to perform work sustainably – no point working so hard and much just to fall sick, or worse, get bad sick.
Falling sick frequently decreases our energy and momentum to be able to sustainably build and live passive income and progressive lives. We all know someone who falls sick frequently, and I can tell you for sure, during my most busy business-building time of my life, between 2008 – 2013 – I ignored my own health, in pursuit of business and money.
After 5 years, I had ballooned 25+ kg, wheezed each time I climbed stairs or walked a distance. I even had two blackout incidences where I literally “blacked out” though I was conscious.
And then, after losing my dad on 24th May 2014, and finding out that he had been ignoring his health…I took a good look at my wife, my life, my future kids, and decided that I will take care of myself well, so I can be healthy and live as long as I can (read my full story on that at Self Care).
A couple of advice and resources:
- Start sleeping and waking up early
- Exercise every day for at least 15 minutes
- Take high quality health supplements (I’ve been taking Xtend Life health supplements since 2014)
- Drinking filtered water from high quality water filter (I recommend Aquasana drinking water filter, I’ve been using them since 2015)
- Read, read, read (see my reading list below)
- Pray and meditate
- Schedule time with loved ones and friends
BOOKS AND RECOMMENDED READING
I love reading – it’s one of those hobbies that are ridiculously cheap, yet amazingly rewarding. Think about it: Someone spent years organizing their research and crafting it into a compelling narrative – and you get the best of it for ten bucks and a few days of reading!
It would be easy to list out a random list of books, but the ones I’ve listed here meet at least one of the following two criteria:
- The book was practically useful and applicable in my life
- The book had an original, key insight
The books here are listed in no particular order, and I’ll update them as we go along.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich – Ramit Sethi
- Millionaire Teacher – Andrew Hallam
- Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
- Never Eat Alone – Keith Ferrazzi
- The 4 Hour Work Week – Timothy Ferriss
- The $100 Start Up – Chris Guillebeau
- How to Fail At Almost Everything And Still Win Big – Scott Adams
- The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You – Cal Newport
- Write. Publish. Repeat. – Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant
- Predictably Irrational – Dan Ariely
- Decisive: How To Make Better Choices in Life and Work – Chip and Dan Heath
- Happy Money: The Science of Smarter Spending – Elizabeth Dunn and Michael Norton
- Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes and How To Correct Them – Gary Belksy and Thomas Gilovich
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing – John C. Bogle
- Stocks for the Long Run – Jeremy Siegel
- The Signal and the Noise – Nate Silver
- The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Antifragile – Nassim Taleb
- Fooled By Randomness – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Tribes: We Need You To Lead Us – Seth Godin
- Purple Cow – Seth Godin
- Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends and Friends into Customers – Seth Godin
- Money: Master The Game – Tony Robbins
- Unlimited Power – Tony Robbins
- Personal MBA – Josh Kaufman
As you can tell, I really enjoy reading, and this is just a short list. I have a lot of books that I read and re-read. This list the the “re-readable” books list.
Circles Life (Telco in Singapore):
Save $20 off your registration fees by entering MINUS20REG into the promo code section when you first sign up. Read more here.
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?