Often when I meet people who are looking to be successful in whatever they want to do, yet don’t do what they are supposed to do to get them to where they want to be.
And they are often unaware of what they’re not doing.
But some are aware, and they are the ones who ask:
“Why is it sometimes I am able to take action and sometimes I don’t do anything at all?”
Actually, there is a reason and fixed predictability whether or not you will try or persist or succeed in anything you set out to do. There are 10 measures of scale that will help you to predict your future success:
1. Do you identify with your future identity?
Meaning which is the future goal that you envision, is it relevant to your future self and identity? Is it aligned with how you see yourself in the coming future.If you cannot identify with a future that you think is ideal for you, you will not achieve it. An example is if you want to be rich, but you believe that rich people are back-stabbing, money-grubbing bastards, and that you will never be like that – you will unconsciously fight against getting rich.
2. How valuable is your future goal to you?
Is what you have set out to do something that you enjoy and have passion over? Is it something you would feel proud of, would enjoy doing over and over again? Is it meaningful and helpful regardless of money, status, fame or recognition by others?The more important the goal to you, the more you will put in the energy, time and effort, the blood and sweat and tears to bring it to pass. And conversely, the less important, the more you will not do much about it at all.
3. How useful would this achievement in the future be?
Is this goal or activity will be something that will ultimately lead to something purposeful or useful for you? Is it something good that will come out of it in the end?If you think it’d be something good and useful, you will be more apt to put in more effort to make your goal come to pass.
4. What it is costing you to pursue this goal?
As you pursue this goal, what will be the possible trade-off? Can you limit losing out on other things that you also find important? Can you minimize your investment of time, effort, resources that needs to be shared with other activities and decisions?
5. How long will it take you to get there?
Is this goal something that is quick to achieve with fruits and results that you can enjoy soon?Goals that take very long tend to be larger goals that have greater fruits – think planting durian trees that takes 10 years to mature and bear fruit, compared to bean sprouts that takes a couple of days to sprout. But longer bigger goals tend to be tiresome, because sometimes the wait is very boring and long – that’s why a mix of large goals and small goals are good.
6. Do you have personal control over this goal?
Is this goal something that you have full control over to make successful based on your own effort, time and energy?Is it in your power to do something that will bring you closer to your goal? If it is, then you’re empowered to go as fast or as slow as you want to achieve your goals.
7. Do you have supporters who will help carry you in achieving this goal?
Is this goal something that people will support you for? Will there be people who will help to guide you and encourage you as you hustle through?Having supporters who carry your vision and your spirit is important, as you climb higher, sometimes it gets lonely and having people who supports you will lend your strength and encouragement to keep on going on.
8. Do you have the capacity for it at this point in time?
Do you have too much on your plate? Is this goal something that you will have enough time and focus to complete it successfully?Are you able to set aside an adequate amount of time that is required to bring your goal to pass? A goal that requires 10 hours a week will not fruit if you’re only able to put in 10 minutes a week.
9. Do you have the required resources to achieve this?
Do you have the necessary available resources to achieve this goal that you have set out for?
10. Do you have the independence of making your own decisions?
Will you be given the full autonomy and decision making authority? Will you be in control?
Think about these 10 measures first, and you’ll be able to predict whether you’ll achieve what you think you can achieve.
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.