Whew, I hadn’t written in a while eh – it’s been such a busy time juggling things, family, projects, businesses, investments and life – really didn’t have much time to catch my breath.
I’ll consolidate my mind and write about those later.
Today, this article is about my decision to port NigelChua.com (this website) over from being a self-hosted WordPress site with Bluehost to one that is managed and hosted in Solo Build It.
Table Of Contents
- 1 THE REASONS FOR THIS DECISION IS:
- 2 MULTIPLE MOVING PARTS
- 3 TURNS OUT, BECAUSE NIGELCHUA.COM WAS HOSTED AT SOLO BUILD IT BEFORE…
- 4 MY BIGGEST PAIN DURING THIS TIME OF MOVING
- 5 JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
THE REASONS FOR THIS DECISION IS:
1. Congruence: I find that I comfortably recommend people to use Solo Build It (SBI) but my old NigelChua.com was a self-hosted WordPress, so I felt and thought that’s a little inconsistent on my part. Besides, I’ve been using SBI for years with my “serious” offline businesses, so I want to go serious with NigelChua.com too, beginning 2018 onwards
2. Focus: with self-hosted WordPress, there is a lot of things that I needed to focus on, from details of hosting plans, to type of plugins (so, so, so many), to security issues (multiple people trying to break into my WordPress), to the design of site – there are too many things to distract me and to think about – which I dislike, because it took too much time and focus away from what is most important: building the content, marketing the content, building the brand of NigelChua.com
3. Security: it was truly unsettling each time I get a notification from Sucuri and firewall updates that they managed to prevent someone from breaking through my wp-admin page etc. I never get that with my Solo Build It sites. Not once.
MULTIPLE MOVING PARTS
But moving NigelChua.com over from the webhost isn’t as easy as usual.
Firstly, I needed to port over the content from WordPress version of NigelChua.com. I had to purchase Name Park It (NPI) in Solo Build It as Nigel-Chua.com, and engaged Abul to help port over 520+ articles over to Nigel-Chua.com first.
The porting of the articles took about 2 weeks.
After that, I had to transfer the domain nigelchua.com over to Solo Build It, and to do that, I needed to “release” the domain at the webhost, THEN purchase Name Park It at Solo Build It, and then try to get NigelChua.com
It stuck there for a bit, because I actually needed to get support to help me transfer that.
And then after doing that finally (took about 1 week plus), the next step was to initiate a “Move It” function to move contents and design of Nigel-Chua.com to NigelChua.com.
I was stuck at the Move It part for a long time, and I am/was/is soooooo happy with Solo Build It’s support (thanks Jennifer, Laura, Kim etc) and patience in guiding me.
I was unable to move Nigel-Chua.com to NigelChua.com for about 12+ hours, and it was very frustrating, until finally they got their programmers to check, and we found out why…
TURNS OUT, BECAUSE NIGELCHUA.COM WAS HOSTED AT SOLO BUILD IT BEFORE…
Many years ago, I hosted NigelChua.com at Solo Build It, before moving it out to WordPress, and because of that, there was a “memory” of the old version that is preventing me from moving Nigel-Chua.com to NigelChua.com.
Finding that out was interesting!
And so, as I write this, Solo Build It support has saved a copy of the contents of my old, old NigelChua.com into a zip file, and next would be to finally complete the move.
Wow, that was more painful and slow than I thought (usually it’s very easy one, but this time, there was a lot of variables and moving parts.
MY BIGGEST PAIN DURING THIS TIME OF MOVING
Weirdly enough, all this technical aspects and stuff doesn’t faze me – it’s part and parcel.
But what really hurts me now is because of the delay of my NigelChua.com domain, my email firstname.lastname@example.org is in limbo, and I can’t use it…and that email is the main email I use for all NigelChua.com activities INCLUDING my cryptocurrency logins.
So as you can imagine, all my cryptocurrency exchange logins are affected, so I cannot do any cryptocurrency investing or selling at this point in time.
Well, I can’t say that’s an entirely good or bad thing, but I do like to be able to login as and when I want to.
I can’t wait to complete the move, as right now, I’m still writing at Nigel-Chua.com – I hope the move completes by 31st December 2017 – keep you posted!
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
Make Money Online Singap…
Good or bad…hard to…
Passive Income Reports
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.