I was so pleasantly surprised when I finally had time to rummage through my chaotic/messy tables to clear up all the documents and paperwork where I discovered two SGX statements.
When I went through them, I found that I had received dividends in the month of November and December 2017 (you can find the details here:
It makes me so happy!
The reason why I’m pleasantly surprised is because I recall selling all my dividend stocks sometime in mid 2017 – I cant remember the exact date offhand, but I know I sold them all for a good 25%+ return ON TOP OF most dividends…
…so I wasn’t expecting any dividends at all.
But, this recently jogged my memory – I realized I had pumped in some money to invest in some dividend stocks I think sometime back in September 2017, so that I can still have some “surprise pocket money”
Table Of Contents
SURPRISE POCKET MONEY
This is by far the #1 reason why I love investing into passive dividend stocks for the dividends.
I’d invest in them, forget, and then whenever I look at my ATM, realize that I have cash again.
I’m not financially free (at least not yet at this time in writing), but it’s a really good feeling.
And when the monthly statements come, then I realize “oh, that’s why I had money coming in – those were dividends”
My dividends made for my pocket money for the most of 2016 and 2017, until I sold them all off in early 2017, before buying some again in 4Q2017.
My game plan right now is the same:
- build/acquire more assets and businesses that will provide me positive cash flow and profits
- take these surplus and invest them into stable and reliable passive income dividend stocks.
Rinse and repeat until my dividends are more than SGD 100,000 per year; and that is my baseline benchmark financial goal.
And thereafter, just rinse and repeat and perhaps diversify and keep living.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.