“Are you an idiot?”
That moment…was an unforgettable moment. My lecturer had called me an idiot in front of her whole class – all because she was exasperated that she was called to teach at the last minute, felt inadequate and rushed and irritated and she took it out on me. For me, I was just the unlucky blub that needed to ensure that the computer lab is locked before I leave SO THAT NO COMPUTER GOES MISSING.
I recall someone (let’s call him Mr. A) screaming into the phone at me, because apparently I had screwed up his plans to buy for a special person an expensive watch, because, in his opinion – the person is old now, “should enjoy having luxuries”. Unbeknownst to the person receiving the gift, Mr. A has emotionally blackmailed other parties to share with him the gift by promising the recipient that everyone else will share – which I disapprove of. If Mr. A wants to buy the gift, go ahead. No one’s stopping you, but don’t promise on behalf of another.
Just the other other day in church, I was seated with my wife during a regular service when I realized that a person on my right was shifting uncomfortably and trying her best to move as far as she can from me. Hey, all the chairs are connected, I’m seated as close to my wife, so there’s nothing weird that I was doing to her – but she seemed genuinely uncomfortable, and sat such that she would be the greatest distance from me, and eyed be super suspiciously, even though I was holding my wife’s hands and taking notes of what the preacher was saying.
Event 01 happened in 2003, but I had since forgotten about it as it’s been some time. Event 02 happened around July 2013, but had remained unresolved at this point of writing. Event 03 happened on 7/9/2013.
When those events happened, especially the earlier events 01 and 02, I had gotten so angry to an extent that I decided to smother and hide them deep into my heart, so that I won’t have any outbursts of anger or disappointments. They were rather painful events to me then, and I think they were unnecessary and unwarranted – there seems to be no real purpose for the perpetrators to do that, other than to hurt me, out of spite.
Yet, when Event 03 happened, initially what went through my mind was a flurry of defensive thoughts, such as:
- what’s wrong with this person?
- did I do something wrong to irritate her?
- did I or my feet smelled bad?
And gradually, and I pondered a little more, perplexed…something started to unravel and clicked within me.
I realized this: their subjective reality was not mine, and thus I need not align myself to realize their subjective and perceived reality. I don’t have to react nor become like what they do, because it’s their reality, not mine.
I think this is a very powerful revelation and concept to me, personally. It’s liberating. In a nutshell,
I reject your version of reality, subjective or perceived, and replace it with my own.
That’s really it.
- I don’t have to feel anxious when another is anxious.
- I don’t have to get angry when another person tries to make me angry.
- I don’t have to lie when I know the other is lying to me.
It’s all subjective, and I don’t have to follow or listen to their subjective or perceived reality. What intrigues me is that when I got into this “awareness of subjective reality” mode, my anger and frustrations immediately melted away, leaving behind a peace and understanding.
It’s currently still a new understanding and ground for me, and I’d like to explore this a little more.
Anyone has an idea of what I’m talking about? What do you think?
Table Of Contents
Circles Life Promo Code M…
Can’t stand the manifestation…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.