I read somewhere once before that Values >> Actions >> Habits >> Destiny, where often it’s our values that drives us to take a particular action, which collectively becomes habits that lead us towards our destiny/goals, and today, after growing a seven figure business and learning to invest, I would say that if anything at all, one’s habits is the one that will lead us straight to our destiny, regardless of what we value.
An example of what I just said is that you may not value becoming rich or going for promotions in your career, but if you strive to do your best every day, and you turn up to work early every day, take on all the tasks assigned to you diligently every day, it becomes natural for your superiors and bosses to think that you’re reliable and place you on the “to promote and give more responsibilities” list – because of your habits, regardless whether you wanted those promotions or not.
Our lives truly are a reflection of our habits more than anything else. And as I prefer to systematize and automate things so that I don’t have to decide on a daily basis, so I do the same for building habits I want. To overcome bad habits I don’t want, I simply override the habit with another one, and let the schedule run with the new habit for about 28 days and the new habit is more or less installed/ingrained into the schedule.
Now if you ask me, “er Nigel, so does that make you particularly mindless, like a mindless zombie during activities?”
I just take out the pain of making those daily small decisions out of the equation, so that I can actually focus MORE brain power on things and activities that truly matter. This is the reason why I can be truly boring with the scheduling of my life such as my food, my clothing, my gym, my family time, my work – so that I can use my brain power fully to be fully engaged during the activities.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.