This is a short excerpt from a business advice that I got from one of our cell group members and director of a team of real estate agents in Singapore. He has been in the trade for more than 10 plus years, and I was curious about serving friends and family members who ask for discounts or discounted services.
His advice was simple and straightforward – don’t. Explain briefly and succinctly upfront that you’re providing professional services, and it’s a service-for-fee contract work, and discounting is not a practice that we embrace because we don’t want to compromise quality service. If they insist, it may be best to send them to someone else who best fits their needs, but we don’t compromise our standards and values.
Yes, many of those who wants discounts and that they “will refer others” – assuredly, birds of a feather flock together, meaning often they will also refer friends who are told or are similar to them who wants discounted services as well. This will create a downward spiral loop that will just be more messy as long as you allow it to happen.
Bottomline: say no to giving discounts, bring them out for a meal after if they want, but if they insist, refer them to someone else who wants to serve them.
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.