In the last few years, I’ve been noticing a trend of people who are around me, that they seem to struggle with hard times, uncertainties, bad times and bad events – they seem to be gripped and terrorized by pain (or potential pain), and repeat the image, story, movie again and again and again in their hearts and minds, making them feel more and more powerless, negative, sad and helpless.
Originally this article meant to just target those who are older than me, but upon thinking more, I realized that many people regardless of age, from the young to the old, suffer from this.
I am not saying that I do not have anything I regret, or that I don’t have pains. Come on. You cut me, I bleed, like everyone else. The only difference is that when I notice the pain/blood, I take actions to ensure that the wound is cleaned, covered, no infections and that the wound heals well, and I train to ensure that the body part functions 100% like before – this is likely lessons I’ve taken from the world of rehabilitation.
It’s exactly as that.
But many people seem to look at the injury/pain/blood, and just scream at the sight, look at the injury/pain/blood, and scream at the sight – repeating this cycle again and again. Personally, I try not to, because the wound HAS to be tended to, and sometimes in certain injuries, things are like chaotic randomness.
Sometimes some people get injured. Some die. Many good people. Many bad people. In the line of medical, it’s not often that we focus on “why me/why did it happen” but we focus on “what was the function before, let’s get this sorted now and let’s get them back to 100% before the incident/injury”.
Of course, it’s easier in medical when it’s just the patient, and if the patient is very independent and understands what needs to be done, needs to be done. It’s another thing for the family members who feel very helpless, and it’s the same for others – when we lose a loved one because of death, nothing will ever bring them back.
Yes we cry.
And nothing will change the fact that they’re gone.
Perhaps everyone grieve/cope/handle things in their own time. Perhaps some do it better. Perhaps some don’t.
In my short time on earth, I feel and think and believe that everything needs to be balanced to be appreciated, hence the need for bittersweets. Bittersweets are as it is, being both bitter and sweet at the same time, and they’re like medicine – bad to the taste but good for us. Often, incidences in our lives, especially the most bittersweet ones, are the ones that shape us the most.
However, I do not ask “why do I get this bittersweets?” – I try to focus on the differences of the bitterness versus the sweetness, and how that feels and is, to me. Instead of a “why me/etc”, I take on the approach of “this bittersweet is for me to taste”.
But that’s me handling life, problems, good stuffs and bad stuffs.
I hope that if you’re someone who’s eating some bittersweets now, savor the taste, the feeling, the experience. Cry where you need, bawl even. But often times, bittersweets can come only once in your lifetime, so when they come to me, I savor and give thanks to God for the sweetness and the bitterness that comes along with it.
Pa, I miss you.
Table Of Contents
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.