Following a decision to get happier, one of the items that popped up was to not waste time, energy or effort on small stuff.
Small stuff here refers to minor life decisions that will not make any impact in your life in the mid to long term.
Examples of this:
- should I eat rice or noodles? Really, it doesn’t matter. Unless you’re doing paleo, like me, then don’t eat any.
- should I drink coffee with 25% sugar or 50% sugar? Please, it’s not going to make like a million difference to you.
- should I watch this movie or that? Again, what’s the big difference?
These are some of the more mundane ones, and you can add in slightly more complex but equally mundane ones such as:
- trying to impress people who’s not really important 5, 10 years later
- a million brands of salt/sugar/whatever
- _______ add in your own here
Here’s the crux: don’t waste time on things that don’t really matter. It doesn’t matter to bother maximizing or doing your best to optimize on things that are too minute to matter for the mid to long term.
Being decisive helps a lot, and for you control freaks out there (or those of you who have too much free time).
It’s very easy to be a control freak and zoom into details that don’t matter – and by being a control freak all you achieve is annoy the heck out of your co-workers and family, just because you think you’re doing it perfect.
And it’s really hard for control freaks to understand and even admit that all of us human beings really have limited time, energy and focus, so we cannot afford to waste time bantering and being stalled by mundane stuff that don’t matter. And actually spend good time, energy and focus on stuff that actually do matter.
Things that don’t matter? It doesn’t matter, just pick one.
…and if you make a mistake choosing the “wrong” one? It’s fine – it’s normal, and part of the price you pay for focusing on things that matter. Let’s see it this way – do you prefer to potentially make mistakes on things that do matter because you spent too much time/effort on things that don’t matter?
I could spend my whole life wondering why things go wrong, or planning the “perfect” life…or I can just start doing things that do matter, and lead to me having a better life.
That’s why I simplify my dressing and food – no need to think so much and hard on stuff like that. That’s why I try my best to not waste time going for things that aren’t important. And why I often go back to the same eateries and places – it’s easy and I get to spend more time on things that are more important.
And I’d like to pass it back to you too – do you find yourself spending hours on doing things that don’t really matter, the small stuff? Like choosing brands of sugar. Or spending 10 hours to buy socks. Or harping on a problem and complain about it again and again and again for 20 million hours, without doint a single shred of shit for it.
Let’s progress and grow, and do things that truly matter. Things that don’t really matter, just pick anything and move on.
Table Of Contents
My 1st Year Using Site Bui…
Why people buy Site Build It…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.