I’m not the smartest in the room, and I do resonate when Rich Dad Poor Dad’s Robert Kiyosaki wrote in the book that changed my life:
- not the smartest, so I cant be rich trying to become a brain or heart surgeon or top lawyer
- not the most talented ie I can’t become rich becoming a heart-throbbing singer or actor
I’m a pretty competent hand therapist and did fairly well in creating a seven-figure therapy business that did well enough to be acquired by a larger group, because I know that I’m interested in business AND business will have to be my solution to becoming rich/making more money than I had as a lowly-paid therapist (below $2000 then).
I was right.
I don’t know why then, but during this sabbatical (still in sabbatical haha), I get a little more time to think and reflect, of things that I’ve done right, and thing’s that could have been better.
WHY BUSINESS WORKED FOR ME AND LIKELY WILL CONTINUE TO WORK FOR ME (AND MAYBE YOU)
First of all, it worked because I had a wonderful partner, who is my wife, who loves me and believes in me. Without her by my side, it would have been at least 100X more difficult. Thank you my love Louise.
Next, I have a family who also believe and supported me through the difficult times of ups and downs. They stood by us, and supported, and this was tremendously powerful. Thank you to my family, my wife’s family, our cell group and friends who prayed and encouraged us.
We found and made friends and colleagues that referred patients to us in Urbanrehab, supported us, grew with us – thank you. Every referral and patient was a vote of confidence, and I hope that we had reciprocated and did our level best for you and your patients then.
Meditating on God’s Word (Bible), spending time lingering in His presence and the Holy Spirit helped me so much to align me, teach me, ground me and helped me grow personally, professionally and in business experience, acumen, knowledge and more. God was and remains the anchor to my soul and spirit.
I was personally and professionally interested in business
INTEREST IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND BUSINESS
As mentioned earlier, I know that I’m not smart enough (though fairly competent, skilled and experienced hand therapist; but I won’t be smarts like Mark Zuckerberg, Google founders, Warren Buffett, Ramit Sethi etc) nor talented enough to be a highly paid artist. So I chose business, cos I know I can and will learn, and continue to learn.
I’ve always been interested in doing good business.
- paid tens of thousands of dollars to go for both offline and online courses and seminars to expand and improve my business knowledge and skills
- bought, read and re-read, digested hundreds of business books and blogs (now I whittle down blogs to just a few core ones)
- continue to network and meet new people even though on sabbatical and
- just signed up for Amazon Publishing course that I’m looking forward to this coming weekend
I’m still interested in business, and I don’t think I can ever go back to being an employee (I was an employee for a full 3 years of my life post graduation) again.
This is me.
What about you?
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
Wealthy Affiliate – My…
I Decided To Learn More A…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
Link To Us! - If you've enjoyed any of the articles here, I'll really appreciate your help if you could link to the specific post/article/homepage from your website, blog, LinkedIn or social media accounts such as FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram etc - this will help us to grow and serve you better - thank you! =)
Note/Disclaimer: The information in this blog/forum/comments is distributed on an "As Is'' basis, without warranty of any kind. The site owner may have a financial relationship with some of the companies or products mentioned on the blog. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate programs, a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising. Advertisement does not imply endorsement. Information might not be completely comprehensive and some readers may want to consult additional sources. This blog/forum does not contain professional advice. For professional advice, consult a professional. By reading this blog/forum/comments you acknowledge full responsibility for your actions with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly in connection with the blog/forum.