Edit/Update 5th June 2018
I have since started to recommend again Wealthy Affiliate as a fairly-ok-to-good platform to learn and build passive income internet businesses; they have very strong support, robust discussion/forums, strong fundamental online business training programs, and best of all, there is a free-for-life basic membership program where you can learn the basics of online business, get 2 free websites and webhosting too (sign up for the free for life Wealthy Affiliate account here)
Yes, one of their strong points is that you can stay as a free basic member for life if you want to, or once you’ve learnt as much as you can from the basic level and want to level up, you can opt to upgrade to be a premium member at $49 per month or $359 per year (the yearly option is much cheaper).
The reason why I decided to not promote Wealthy Affiliate then was because they do not provide a refund if you pre-paid for their yearly membership; instead you have to wait out your membership – I disagree with this approach.
Another thing I disagreed on was that they also call themselves “the only online business platform you ever need”, which isn’t true.
However, I realize that though it wouldn’t be the same commercial decision I would ever make for my businesses, but I will respect theirs. Wealthy Affiliate is good because it is an affordable way to learn how to build profitable affiliate marketing and Amazon associate businesses in a very smooth and friendly environment.
Wealthy Affiliate monthly membership is USD 49 or yearly USD 360 per premium account, and the magic is that you can have up to 50 websites/domains (additional USD 12-14/year per domain), which allows you to try many different businesses and topics “to find which one click and stick”.
Recently I shared on how I was disappointed that Wealthy Affiliate doesn’t offer refunds to any prepaid amounts paid for annual membership, instead, you have to wait out your membership in terms how how many days/weeks/months/years you had prepaid (read about that here)…
…and that all started because at the end of 2016/early 2017, I had been deliberating on my habits and practices, and I think and feel that having 30+ websites across 3 providers and with a son coming in March 2017, I have to anticipate and be realistic about the level of energy and time that I will have, so I decided to cull my WA membership.
In the link above, you’d find that I was told that my pre-paid amount wont be refunded because it’s mentioned in the Terms and Conditions when I purchase the annual membership and one of the founders told me that they also can’t refund because they had already paid the affiliate commission.
I told him that I understand the importance of new sales, but at that point in writing, I had prepaid up to 597 days in advance (1.64 years in advance), so that was a long waiting period.
No reply since then.
Also interesting, most other companies that allow prepayment either:
- allow refunds (subject to pro-rata)
- caps the renewal to one year (365 days)
But I hadn’t heard back since, and maybe this is an isolated case, plus he’s the co-founder, so he’d be pretty busy too.
Regardless, I disagree with the philosophy of no refunds (eventhough it’s been mentioned to me at the beginning, so I can’t fault that part of it) and I have pulled off recommending it.
Wealthy Affiliate still has multiple strong points, including:
- strong and up to date training
- very active and supportive forum/chat
- providing bonuses such as SSL security (https) and other benefits at no added cost
I thank Kyle and Carson for building such a good platform and forum, and Steve for introducing it to me. But right now, at this point in writing, I cannot agree with the no-refund philosophy.
What I recommend using now is:
Table Of Contents
Solo Build It
Previously known as Site Build It (SBI), it was rebranded/renamed to Solo Build It (SBI) in January 2017. They have a very useful and powerful Action Guide (AG) that taught me step by step; and a supportive forum.
I’ve been using SBI since 2008, and I’ve been very happy with my SBI-powered physiotherapy site generating 6-figures of revenue attracting clients online.
BlueHost WebHosting For Self-Hosted WordPress Sites
Since 2008, all my WordPress websites are hosted on BlueHost. Why? They make it so easy to get a new site up and running with their one-click automatic WordPress Blog installation. Even NigelChua.com is on Bluehost’s easy-to-use and extremely affordable hosting platform.
You can use your Bluehost account to host multiple domains so there’s no need to pay more for hosting when you’re ready to start another website. Also, they provide outstanding customer service!
I highly recommend using Bluehost for your first website, and you can get started now as low as $2.75/month for the Basic Plan for a single site, but I recommend that you get the medium (Plus) plan, so you can host unlimited sites on it =)
Solo Build It Versus Self Hosted WordPress
If you’re comparing between SBI and WordPress, read my article with my conclusions between these two. I’ve been using both since 2008/2009.
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Make Money Online Singap…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.