Early November 2014, one of my GP friends took a quick glance at me and told me point blank (with a straight face):
Nigel, you better start exercising (or else)
I was shocked…as I exercise on average 4 to 6 times per week, often alternating between cardiovascular exercises and weights/resistive training, and each session usually lasts between 35 to 45 minutes.
Yet, what was interesting is that my weight never seem to go down. In fact, it seemed to steadily balloon, and by early November 2014, I had reached a whopping 94.4 kg.
Despite working out consistently at a moderate intensity for 4-6 times per week, which is almost everyday.
Then he said, “Hmmm. In that case, stop your sugars.”
I told him that I no longer take sugar in my coffee, that my breakfast was only oats –
– and he immediately cut me off, saying that I cannot eat oats, or wholemeal, or grains or whatever is in that group, as even though it’s slow carbohydrates, it’s still carbohydrates. He told me that he cut out most of his sugars, fast or slow, and he’s lost about 10 kgs so far (don’t get me wrong, he’s pretty skinny/lean to me)
Hmm, fair enough.
So I asked him, then what should I eat?
And he told me to have two eggs everyday, which is what he has for breakfast, along with black coffee without sugar. I was appalled, because when I eat eggs, I have people telling me that eggs are bad and they’re high in cholestrol…and now one of my GPs are telling me to eat eggs.
Table Of Contents
2 A DAY!!!!
Yes, I was annoyed for a while, then I got really happy…because I really, REALLY like eating eggs. Boiled, fried, scrambled, whatever, except poached (ugh). I got really happy.
So I modified my regime, to a somewhat modified paleo (I did a couple of experiments with paleo before, from trying the paleo diet, to rethinking paleo diet and then concluding that paleo diet was ok), tossed out most of my recently purchased “healthy” oats and grains, and started:
- breakfast consisted of 2 fried eggs in butter, unsweetened coffee with almond milk
- snack is fruits that is lower in sugar eg green apples (as compared to grapes or bananas)
- lunch is almost a regular meal, but cut out rice as much as I can (about 75% reduction)
- snack is treenuts such as pecans, almonds
- dinner is almost a regular meal, but cut out rice as much as I can (about 75% reduction)
Generally I cut down carbs anything from 75% to 100% from meals, snack healthily with non-carbs snacks. I find that this diet seems to help me have less “wind” or bloatedness/belching/farting, and my tummy is way more comfortable than before.
Perhaps I’ve allergy to carbs like what some people have said about carbs having a certain item in them that causes bloatedness and gas. That being said…I do still have cheat days, where I’m known to eat quarter to half a tub of a 1 liter chocolate ice cream…..not all the time. But I’m not depriving myself of that much. I think.
The 94.4 kg measurement taken in early November 2014 was taken in my wife’s gynae clinic with a digital weighing scale, and the new 90.4 kg weigh was weighed in the same gynae clinic, for consistency (sounds nice but actually it’s more of a convenience – it was just there, so I decided to measure). We’ll be going to the gynae again next Friday 16th January 2015, so I can take another measurement again, to see if this weight loss is a fluke or not.
In the meantime, I’m gonna keep monitoring my weight, exercise and food.
My 1st Year Using Site Bui…
Why people buy Site Build It…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.