There are many reasons to start a blog – writing is not only therapeutic, it can also be a very good hobby and habit. You may be able to connect with other like-minded bloggers, and it can potentially also become a source of income, and then some.
It may change your life. It may change the world.
Table Of Contents
First Of All
You have to brainstorm and think of the idea behind the blog and then its name (this is actually harder than it sounds) – there are literally millions and millions of blogs out there, and you need to stand out.
More importantly, it needs to be about something you’re passionate about, have some experience and know-how in. It becomes much easier to blog on topics that you know about rather than a topic that you don’t know anything about.
Note to self: having interest in the topic also will take you further and keep you going a bit more.
Buying A Domain Name
Once you have a rough/clear idea, then you’ll need to get a domain name, and this domain name should be catchy, easy to remember and better still, appropriate to the idea. In fact, if the main keyword is in the name, the better.
Let me illustrate. Say you’re interested in running, then a domain name called runrunrun.com or run5km.com rather than some random name. Also, domains that end with .com are better, but .org and .net is alright too. But whenever possible, try to get the .com.
The domain registrar and webhost company I use is BlueHost.com, and I’ve used their services since 2007 now. Their prices are super and their support and customer services are super. Click the link above and start looking for your best domain.
Setting Up Web Hosting
Ok once you’re at BlueHost.com, and once you’ve selected your domain name, you also get to buy your web hosting, and I chose Bluehost for this reason, it’s all seamless and in one place (some people like to separate their domain registrars and their web hosting, but I prefer to make it seamless).
Choose the most basic plan, and good thing about Bluehost is that with just one webhosting plan, you can add more domain names to it later (pay separately for the domain names of course).
Bad thing is that you have to pre-pay either 1 or 2 or 3 years, there is no month-to-month pay as you use approach.
No matter what, it’s still a very low barrier to starting a blog and your online business: domain name are about $9 to $15 per name, and web hosting are about $6 per month (about $72 per year for unlimited domain names).
Installing WordPress (Usually 1-Click To Install)
As you’re waiting for your website to go live, take the time to install WordPress (this site is built on WordPress too, as are many of my other sites). Login into your cPanel (known as control panel) at www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel, and click on 1-Step-WordPress installation, and click to install.
Explore WordPress, find a suitable theme, write your core pages and blog posts, build your readers and community, and slowly build your brand and get out there.
Most important thing I will tell you is to keep on keeping on.
It becomes very easy to become discouraged, and one of the reasons is because you’re doing it alone and without support. Drop me an email if you get stuck anywhere k.
For me I believe in building a passive income internet business that will work for me day in, day out; serving readers and customers profitably and delivering value 24/7, and only one program taught and help me create a money making website, and it’s the only program I feel very comfortable and confident in sharing: Wealthy Affiliate.
Make Money Online Singap…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
Good or bad…hard to…
Passive Income Reports
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.