Earlier in 2014, I wrote a post called 2014: The Year Of Focus, Resilience And Progress, where I covered on points highlighting the year of increasing our focus, our resilience, and onwards towards a progress-driven life.
Little did I know, truly the theme truly came to life for us.
#1 – We Finally Went For Our Honeymoon, After 5 Years Of Marriage
Louise and myself could finally afford the time and money to go for our honeymoon, after 5 years of being married. I’ve always joked how “I’m so glad Louise doesn’t leave me” but seriously, I am very, very grateful to Louise for her love, patience, understanding and grace as we built up our lives and business.
It was a fantastic, fantastic honeymoon, that is filled with so much fun, memories – it was amazing.
#2 – My Father Passed Away 24 Days After Our New Zealand Trip
24 days after we returned from our New Zealand trip, my beloved father, Daddy Daniel (I dedicated a page to him here), passed away very abruptly within 2 weeks in an unforeseen and short 14 days of battling for his life, of short-lived hopes, for a seemingly hard-to-treat-and-diagnose lung condition. We brought him from a private hospital in JB to Gleneagles ICU, where the battle was daily, and our families bonded together in prayers for him.
Yet, papa was called to the Lord, and I give thanks to God for papa, for the last silent lunch I could have with papa, for all that he has done, for the years I had with him, though I grieve for the years I no longer have with him. Pa, you’re my hero, and I miss you so, so, so much. Words fail me.
My last words of papa was that he asked me to enjoy the fruits of my labor, after seeing how hard Louise and myself work night and day from day 1, when I was apprehensive to travel to New Zealand as that would mean lost of income opportunities. But I’m glad I got to go, but I’m sad I couldn’t bring him along, for wherever we went in New Zealand, I thought much about papa and how much he’d enjoy New Zealand, and when I came back, I told him I want to take him go to New Zealand in 2015 April. He passed away 24 days after we returned from New Zealand.
It felt so terrible, to come from a state of such happiness following our honeymoon, to such a low, low state of loss and grief. It was extremely terrible, even now as I write this.
Pa, I miss you, I love you, I want to see you, I want to touch you, I want to hold you, I want to hear your voice. Oh God, I miss you papa.
#3 – We Had To Let Go Of Four Incompatible Persons In Our Practice
These were nice people as friends to hang out with, but for business and work, they were incompatible with the DNA and culture of the business of high level quality and accountability. I wish them all the best and happiness wherever they are today.
#4 – I’m Going To Be A Father!
In May 2014, we found out that Louise was pregnant via a home testing kit, and we went to see a gynae to confirm – yes, Louise is indeed pregnant! The estimated due date (EDD) is 14th February 2015, and I am so looking forward to her (it’s a girl!) coming to this world.
I cannot describe what joy is in my heart to know I’ve a daughter coming soon, and I am very, very excited to welcome her and guide her through this world, and introduce her to Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
#5 – Phenomenal Business Growth
Despite having to remove four incompatible personnels, yet our private physiotherapy practice growth for this year very ridiculously high, in the multiples of 100%.
I do believe the few factors that contributed to this was because we spent a lot of time building the foundation, carefully selecting only select and high quality therapists to work with us, we prayed a lot and gave to church, we kept serving.
These are the 5 main pillars of 2014, upon looking back, and given the 5 different situations, I would say that it’s really the learning of focus, resilience and progress that led us through the 5 situations.
I believe that 2015 will be filled with a Renewed Vision, for us here with Louise, myself and our baby girl, and I hope for the best for you and your loved ones for 2015 as well. I will write a bit more about the year of 2015 in a bit.
How has your 2014 been? What worked and what didn’t? What were the hopes you had? And what did come to pass?
Table Of Contents
My 1st Year Using Site Bui…
Why people buy Site Build It…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.