I feel particularly sad and upset whenever well-meaning people tell me to write short, short paragraphs. Or better, just a short line.
Because people no longer have long or adequate attention span, it seems.
But I prefer long form, and it’s more natural to me.
Yes, I get it that many people’s attention span is becoming shorter and shorter, but I cannot stand the idea of writing things short or dumbing things down “just to accomodate” the lowest common denominator.
That’s like writing for everyone but actually no one.
That’s like how when I read the general simplified papers and I get it that making things “easy to read” is good in a sense is that it reaches more people…but if it’s too light and not deep or problem solving enough, what’s the point in that?
That’s like redundant.
Also, I’m told to put in big pieces of photos every 300-500 words or so, and I get that too, it separates out big chunks of paragraphs and information nicely, just that it makes the site load a bit slower and slows me down because I actually have to seek specific pictures that are royalty-free and save and then upload them into the website.
That slows me down about 5-15 minutes, depending on how easy or difficult it was to source the photo – this gives me just enough idea to drop pictures entirely, especially when it’s so easy for intellectual property issues to come by.
But that being said, I love long form. Maybe it’s just natural to me. Maybe I’m long winded.
I think the people I write for and to, they are likely similar to me, and hopefully are ok with the way I write.
Table Of Contents
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.