Table Of Contents
MY PERSONAL AND BUSINESS CODE OF HONOR
I have a Code of Honor that I live by, which I apply (or at least try my best to apply at all times) to my personal life, my business life, public life whenever, wherever. This is not a novel idea, I learnt it from reading Blair Singer’s books on building great teams.
I use this code to hire people – I walk them through this list, and those who cannot or will not adhere, or even think about adhering to this list, they automatically disqualify themselves from working with me. Those who do stay, are a good fit with my working style and these values I carry. Feel free to print them out, but note that I learnt this from Blair Singer, though I fill in my preferences.
1. Never abandon a team mate in need. We are a team, work together to help each other.
2. Be willing to call and be called. If you screw up, be willing to be confronted. If I screw up, confront me. I’m okay with it. If I’m okay with you, you should be too.
3. Celebrate all wins, big or small. Work on the positive, no matter if it’s big or small – let’s enjoy the journey, whenever we can.
4. Be on time. No excuses, be accountable and responsible.
5. Keep all agreements. Fix any broken ones ASAP. Do what you said or promised. If you couldn’t, apologize and provide an alternative.
6. Deal direct for all issues or challenges. No back stabbing or front stabbing. Either you deal with the issue by dealing directly with the “perpetrator”, or you don’t. Don’t cause mutiny, be productive.
7. Be responsible. No blaming. No justifications. No excuses, be focused.
8. Be resourceful. What you can do, do. Whatever you can do on your own, do it yourself – don’t just “dump” it on another.
9. Don’t let personal stuff get in the way of the mission. Let personal stuff be personal stuff, let business and professional stuff be business and professional stuff.
10. Be loyal to the team. Don’t sabotage the team – what will customers or investors think if the members sabotage each other? Be responsible and provide solutions, be it to customers or each other.
11. Commit to personal development. We are not perfect, so let’s commit to self growth and personal development. Read books. Have an open mind. Ask questions. Nicely.
12. Don’t ask for sympathy. If you’re responsible for something that went bad, don’t ask for sympathy – fix it and learn from it.
13. Everyone must sell! Help the company to grow in credibility, authority, sales and the quality of the service.
This is how I live my life, and how I run my business. It helps that it helps me filter out people who are not “best fit” for my business and working style from the very beginning; helps me to manage team members who break the code (even I’m not exempt from this) to manage members and provide a common platform for all to work together.
You should consider having one too, that reflects your working style and preferences, be it for personal or business reasons. You’d be surprise to find out how it can be useful even in your personal life, helping you to choose friends, teach and guide friends or family members and provide a safe ground for you to keep being the best at your level. Of course, codes can and should be revisited periodically to be updated and changed as and when you desire, as you grow in your personal development journey.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.