I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I have been pondering over this for some time now, and as I ponder about this, another thought came to mind, which is Ecclesiastes 3:4 – New King James Version (NKJV)
Everything Has Its Time
3 To everything there is a season
A time for every purpose under heaven
2 A time to be born
And a time to die
A time to plant
And a time to pluck what is planted
3 A time to kill
And a time to heal
A time to break down
And a time to build up
4 A time to weep
And a time to laugh
A time to mourn
And a time to dance
5 A time to cast away stones
And a time to gather stones
A time to embrace
And a time to refrain from embracing
6 A time to gain
And a time to lose
A time to keep
And a time to throw away
7 A time to tear
And a time to sew
A time to keep silence
And a time to speak
8 A time to love
And a time to hate
A time of war
And a time of peace
As I gain insight and awareness about everything having its own time and season, I pondered more about it. I asked myself if everything is by season, then would it counteract the truth of me wanting something in a season but not getting it there then? Wouldn’t it be untrue then?
An example is the last 16 months of our business has been the most challenging times of our lives, be it financially, emotionally and physically – I didn’t wish for that, in fact, I had wished for the opposite – that all we did and touched turned to gold, and that the more we did, the better we’d be! But the last 16 months was really the opposite compared to what I had wished.
Then is it wrong? Is the bible untrue?
Then I quietened down. I stopped. I needed to slow down, breathe. Just breathe.
And the truth of this verse came onto me like lightning. The answer that was whispered into me: everything is a seed – your thoughts, your actions, all are seeds. And all seeds which are to be planted or are being planted or in the midst of planting – you need to fallow the ground. Nigel, your business, financial and freedom seeds are great seeds to be planted, and the grounds needs to be broken more, the weeds removed and the pests killed. That takes a lot of time, effort (psychological, emotional and physical) and patience to complete. Once planted, you’ve to water and care for it. It also takes time to grow. You’ve just completed one half of it, it took 16 months – now is your time to be faithful and complete the task, and it is God’s turn to do the increase, which explains the first month after the 16 months.
I was silenced and speechless.
It was true. The last two months we had reaped our best ever fruits, and in the second month we have about 15-20% growth, which is a very good growth rate. It’s not a miracle, it’s His increase and we stayed around.
Learn to abase and abound. Meaning, when it’s time to plant, we plant. When it’s time to harvest, we harvest. When it’s time to celebrate, we celebrate. When it’s time to mourn, we mourn. When it’s time to go hungry, we do.
It’s all about living life, as it is, and as we are, and as we are going to be. It’s about living life progressively, in full awareness and consciousness that life is indeed dynamic, yet in a way, cyclic. Life is interesting, and God is good, no matter when we’re full or hungry, happy or sad, rich or poor, healthy or not. He is good.
And in a way, that’s enough for me.
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.