Depending on where you live and if you have your own personal pools AS well as children – it’s hardly unsurprising for you to have safety nets above these pools to prevent accidental and sad events of young children or babies falling into these pools.
These keep children safe.
Table Of Contents
THERE ARE FREEDOM SAFETY NETS TOO
Yup, it’s true.
For you to achieve financial freedom, you also need to build, acquire and install your own financial safety nets as well, which protects you from falling into the pool of unplanned or unforeseen circumstances.
#1 First Safety Layer: Keeping Costs As Low As You Can
This is the easiest and most basic safety net layer to do – if you keep your monthly costs as low as possible by ensuring that 50% or more of your income is stashed aside to invest into safe and defensive passive income dividend stocks, not only you will accelerate your passive income portfolio, but you actually shorten your duration to freedom (as the lower your expenses, the less passive income you need to retire).
(Note: please don’t think that keeping costs low = sad life. I don’t want you to live a sad life. Focus first on eliminating costs that you don’t really care about such as expensive/unnecessary extras in cable TV, internet, mobile phones/plans etc – your discretion).
#2 Second Safety Layer: Building As Big A Passive Income Portfolio…As Fast As Possible
This is linked to First Safety Layer above. Sometimes when we manage to build a system that saves us 50% or more of our monthly/periodical incomes, we either
A. Get scared of investing (so much hard work to save!) or
B. Over-reward ourselves
I prefer Option C: to invest as much as possible into very safe and defensive passive income dividend stocks (safest is index funds, but there are a few others if you like).
THAT’S IT FOR FINANCIAL SECURITY.
Yup. Just repeat First and Second Layers Of Safety Nets above until your passive income portfolio provides you enough passive income dividends…so that you have an OPTION to retire, or switch to part time, or to quit, or to explore other interests and passions.
That’s really it.
Do #1 and #2 and rinse and repeat until your passive income from your dividends is more than you living expenses, and you’re pretty much semi-retired, this is what you call “financially secure” – your living expenses are covered.
You can work for fun, or do other stuff.
You can stay in this realm/area, and just stay here and enjoy your life, time, relationships etc. (I’m assuming you have also factored in long term and age-related costs eg medical, food, lodging etc).
Financial freedom is where you have more than enough incoming passive income as well as stashed aside sums that is enough for decades of your life, and even if something drastic happens to your passive income sources, you won’t be that worried (maybe a little sweat and annoyance, but that’s it).
For this level, it’s the continuation of #1 and #2 until your passive income is perhaps 2-5x more than what you need, with at least 30 years of income on standby.
FULL FINANCIAL FREEDOM: WEALTH-BASED
Here is where you have more than enough passive income (and or active income) as well as stash enough for multiple lifetimes, and shortage of money will never ever be an issue ever.
Perhaps you may worry a little about where your money goes, the returns you get, but that’s it.
At this stage, I pray that you use your money for expanding/extending good to to the world and I hope that money never ever “goes” to your head and corrupts your spending habits.
True north freedom…is a combination of Full Financial Freedom (Wealth Based) but also:
doing what truly makes you “flow” and feel alive – adding value to the world and changing the world the people’s lives positively.
Most times…FIRST doing things that make you “flow and feel alive” will bring you Full Financial Freedom (Wealth Based), because of the impact that you bring to the world, which rewards you back in the same measure of value you give out.
If you’re here – congratulations, God bless you! You’re at the pinnacle, and may you keep shining for the world, and doing what you’re called to do.
To reach this point, remember, start building your layers of safety nets.
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Make Money Online Singap…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.