On Wednesday, 8th May 2014, I got a text from mum, saying that papa’s hospitalized. I called mum and spoke to her on the phone, and from what she told me and what the doctor said, it doesn’t seem very dangerous.
I made plans to visit him over the weekend, but on Friday, 9th May 2014, I got another text from mum, saying that papa is warded in ICU.
That sparked an immediate urgency response and I cancelled my plans for the day, and hopped on a cab to home to pick up my passport. Thank God for the nice and understanding cab uncle, who took me to my flat, where I can pick up my passport and took me to the customs.
When I reached the hospital in JB, papa was awake, and on a breathing apparatus. He was wheezing and having difficultie breathing, but otherwise he was fully alert. Just tired from being unable to sleep and rest due to his constantly coughing.
I had brought some bread from the bakery, and I sat with him on the chair, and when his lunch came, I helped him prepare his food to eat.
I removed the plastic cover and passed him his utensils, and sat with him as he had lunch. It was a very quiet lunch. Most of the time, it was me waiting on him, asking if he wanted more warm water, if he needed to stand, if he needed to stretch.
I helped him to stand to pass urine, he didn’t like the urinal. As an occupational therapist, I understood the relevance and meaning of meaningful activities and ADL, so I urged him to eat on his own, pee on his own, breathe deeply on his own.
I helped to set the chair he was sitting on plus a pillow on the cardiac table so that he could sleep in sitting, and kept quiet as he took naps here and there.
There wasn’t much words shared, as he couldn’t really talk much…whenever he tried to talk, he would cough and choke. So I discouraged him from talking too much, and to focus instead on taking slow, deep breaths.
Oh, how I miss that moment where I could have lunch with him. I remember I was seated on the hospital bed, waiting for him. Waiting on him.
This was one of the moments I’m glad that I’ve a business which I could extricate myself somewhat, for some periods of time, just to be with the old man. Just this quiet lunch.
That’s one of my last memories and moments with my papa. I will treasure the moments.
Now I wish he had a longer time on earth, as we grow the business more, and as he retired, we could have more time for each other…but alas, we are but fools to think that we could know and control the dates we live or die. I’m glad that I managed to have lunch with him. I’m glad I’ve told him many times how much I love him. I’m glad I’ve hugged him many times before. I’m glad he could be there for my wedding. I’m glad for so many things of you, of what you did, papa.
Papa, I love you. I’m thinking about you.
Wondering about you.
This is a tribute and ruminations of my late papa, Daniel Chua. He was born on 27th Feb 1955, and he was called to the Lord on 24th May 2014 (59 years old). A tribute was created to him at DanielChua.com.
Table Of Contents
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Can’t stand the manifestation…
Passive Income, Busin…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.