I picked up a skill recently, called lead generation, and I was intrigued because I know I can (and do) apply it to Phoenix Rehab (which I started to apply more of what I had learnt), but we were advised to become an agency and target hungry business owners from all over the world who are hungry for leads.
I know for myself, as an industrious and hungry business owner and leader, I am, and still till today, I am willing to pay for good leads and business to flow my way, especially to Phoenix.
That being said, because I was parachuted and invited in to help out at Phoenix Rehab already, which itself is a platform for orthopedic and sports group physiotherapy and hand therapy agency, over time, I realized that Phoenix itself already is an agency which has complex and multiple relationships to manage, such as
- External vendors
- External referrers
- Internal clients
- Internal clinicians
- Internal front desk
- Internal other stakeholders
And this itself is already complex for me, and I don’t think I want to deal with, start or manage another complex agency work that involves multi-client sales and management, though there will always be hungry business owners who will pay for leads.
I have tested the offline lead-generation agency business model and I was paid $300 for a single glass job, and it is actually very similar to affiliate marketing (just that affiliate marketing is lead generation for online purchases, as opposed to B2B lead generation which is to generate leads for local businesses).
For the me today in August 2020, I am not keen for it due to having to deal with more variables and humans eg
- finding hungry business owners who want my leads, firing not-good-fit ones and managing them
- following up with these business owners who may not want to pay me or have forgotten to attribute it to me
- following up with the leads
Of course, I may change my idea for this over time.
And of course, I will apply all the lead-generation skills and knowledge that I have gained to my existing businesses and the businesses that I take care of – herein, it’s not that I’m killing off NalcoLeads as a whole, but moreso absorbing into my portfolio skills and services used mainly for internal/self-owned/self-managed businesses where the variables are much easier to apply and the incomes will be easier to track and paid for (more straightforward and easy).
So basically for NalcoLeads I’m not gonna serve external clients any longer, save for a very select few.
But what I am looking for, for my Passive Income Lifestyle, needs to be more simple and passive, which leans towards tech-powered online businesses such as NigelChua.com and my other publishing ventures where I can keep publishing content, and when readers and clients like my work or like what I recommend and use in my resources page that will help improve their life, I get an affiliate commission at no extra cost to them – and deliver good value!
Goodbye NalcoLeads =)
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.