On 13th January 2013, as I bought my salad for lunch and was about to walk to a nearby park to eat it, I saw a man seated in front of a mosque. His face was not unfamiliar to me – sharp features, bright eyes, and frequently smiling. He is an average to small sized man, but he always looks clean, clean shaven, short hair, nicely pressed clothes, in jeans and barefooted.
He is fairly groomed and kempt, and he sits beside a pillar right in front of a mosque near to where I work. Once in a while a person who walks by would glance at him, ponder a moment before taking out their wallets to pass him a dollar or two, and he would thank the person profusely and with a full smiling face, then proceed to repeat over and over for about ten times that “so good, someone gave him money” to all other passer-by’s, alerting them to his “good luck.”
Whenever I walk by him, I would quickly glance at him, and walk by, sometimes I think about it but sometimes not. However, today was one of those days where a full inner conversation and ideas filled my mind as I walked to the park.
He reminded me of the story of elephants, who stay close to their stakes on the ground because they have been taught from young, that they are “chained” to a stake on the ground, so they don’t wander very much further from the stake. How they train these huge yet gentle lumbering behemoths is that when they’re young, they physically chain one of their hind legs to a very firm stake on the ground, and what this does is that each time the elephant wanders to the length of the chain, at a certain length, the chain will stop them in their tracks and they can’t proceed any further.
Over time, the repetition of repeated stopping motion of the length of the chain becomes ingrained in their heads, and as they grow older, they don’t even need to be restrained by physical chains anymore – all the owners got to do is to place a stake nearby, and these elephants will not go further than the length of the chains they had when they were younger.
And that’s the who story that unfolded in my mind as I walked away from the smiling man, who sits by that exact pillar, day after day after day. Of course, I’m pretty sure that there’s someone who places him there, after all, as he is well kempt and groomed until the day ends. Either that or he’s a very smart individual who wishes to live off the charity of others, but I’d rather assume that someone leaves him there daily.
And then I wondered to myself – what do I do everyday that is similar to the elephants with the invisible chains? Are there any invisible scripts in my life that limits me? Or are there any false beliefs that restrict me?
What about you? Have you identified any invisible chains in your life? You may feel it but you’re not that sure how to overcome it – share your story.
Table Of Contents
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.