On Friday 23rd March 2018, as we were cabbing home from IKEA Tampines post date and shopping (yeah, we’re kinda boring in that sense lol), the taxi driver started sharing with us and encouraging us to take up entrepreneurship.
It was interesting.
He said stuff that includes:
What’s the point of becoming a highly-salaried manager? They’d work you more than your salary’s worth, and by the time you get home, you’d be dead tired.
When you are young/younger, and have the energy, quickly go out and build your own business. Go for it, and do not be afraid to work hard for something you own.
If and once you have an influential person or organizations behind you, a lot of things becomes easier. An example is if you have a rich and power uncle behind you, and you need and overdraft facility – often it’s just a phone call that makes things move.
During my time, when I was just about to launch my business, I went to raise funds, and I was so shocked when CBRG provided me with $500,000 to start and grow my business. Look for funding if and when you can or need.
Angel investors in my opinion aren’t really mentors – they’re just gentle investors. If you’re looking for mentors, really look for mentors.
Singapore’s setup and stance is very good and supportive of entrepreneurship, so maximize your opportunity.
If you need to control your cashflow in the early stages, go with a bank’s factoring service (Note: what this means is that banks can provide you with liquidity service – for a fee, usually a percentage – of your projected cashflow. This is useful to ensure that you have consistent cashflow that your business needs to survive.)
In the early days of the business, it’s just about survival. Keep your cashflow tight. Remember, in the first year, 70-80% of startups die. In the second year, 50-70% of those that survived die – so your main goal in the first few years is to keep the business alive and going.
Now what I do is teach and encourage my grandchildren to be entrepreneurs. All four of my children are business owners. You need to teach them the life, way, approach and reason of entrepreneurship.
What a blessed time to receive this, as I phase and transition out of my decade-old rehab business that was acquired end of 2014.
Table Of Contents
MY REAL REASON FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP
There are so many upsides to entrepreneurship, now that I look back at my entrepreneurship adventure that began in 2008 (of course, the idea started manifesting earlier in a few select memories that come to mind from my early days.)
It has taught me so many skills and provided me so many life experiences that a regular life doesn’t bode the same to me.
I love entrepreneurship, and more importantly, the freedom that came with it.
Entrepreneurship to me, is a lifestyle and a sense of freedom (of course it must make money and provide good value to clients, not just in name).
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.