I recently posted an article on “Directions and Focus 2020” for NigelChua.com:
And it’s annoying and fascinating how I keep holding myself back from exploring and documenting what I wanna do. Maybe it’s a perfectionist thing, where I’m afraid of making mistakes. That it’d be “a waste of time”.
A waste of my time.
So why not I take stock, and go based on what I’m doing now. Like, this season.
- Mid-long term: saving as much as I can to invest into
- dividend stocks
- online business
With the aim of dividends more than living expenses, and online business profits also more than living expenses, at this rate, we’re just looking at SGD 8000/month nett (once kids graduate from school, this amount drops a lot more) =)
Haha I think I’m a victim of my own thinking (herein, overthinking) because I tend to be a very broad-based and high-level thinker, looking at the most important things in life. Like how I described what I’m thinking, feeling, visualizing and projecting forward.
- I want to write about Christ and salvation, because that’s the 1st hurdle to a true salvation, dream, purpose, meaning and more.
- I want to write about the Passive Income Lifestyle, because that’s the 2nd hurdle to unlock and free ourselves to achieving our goal in #1 above. An example, if our dream is to be with our family, spending time with them, then being “stuck” in a work for 10-16 hours a day, and only spending a margin of a time with our loved ones…what’s the point in that?
But sometimes #1 is so big. Living a good successful life, is such a big idea, but it is so so broad.
That being said, life IS broad, open-ended, and can be quite scary.
It’s so much easier for me to “just” focus and write about Passive Income and The Passive Income Lifestyle, where I can write about:
- Earning more via online business (such as Affiliate Marketing, Kindle Publishing etc)
- Saving more without compromising too much comfort
- Investing as much as possible income Income Investments
I’ll just keep writing first.
I am pretty sure as I write more, I’ll discover more and find my focus and voice. Maybe I’ll do that exercise:
- what if I will never fail, what would I do?
- what if I have all the money in the world (or money is no longer a problem), what would I do?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.