Edit/Update 5th June 2018
I have since started to recommend again Wealthy Affiliate as a fairly-ok-to-good platform to learn and build passive income internet businesses; they have very strong support, robust discussion/forums, strong fundamental online business training programs, and best of all, there is a free-for-life basic membership program where you can learn the basics of online business, get 2 free websites and webhosting too.
Yes, one of their strong points is that you can stay as a free basic member for life if you want to, or once you’ve learnt as much as you can from the basic level and want to level up, you can opt to upgrade to be a premium member at $49 per month or $359 per year (the yearly option is much cheaper).
The reason why I decided to not promote Wealthy Affiliate then was because they do not provide a refund if you pre-paid for their yearly membership; instead you have to wait out your membership – I disagree with this approach.
Another thing I disagreed on was that they also call themselves “the only online business platform you ever need”, which isn’t true.
However, I realize that though it wouldn’t be the same commercial decision I would ever make for my businesses, but I will respect theirs. Wealthy Affiliate is good because it is an affordable way to learn how to build profitable affiliate marketing and Amazon associate businesses in a very smooth and friendly environment.
Wealthy Affiliate monthly membership is USD 49 or yearly USD 360 per premium account, and the magic is that you can have up to 50 websites/domains (additional USD 12-14/year per domain), which allows you to try many different businesses and topics “to find which one click and stick”.
Wealthy Affiliate is amazing:
- strong training for affiliate marketing and Amazon associates
- very loving and supportive forums and support
- affordable platform
Plus there is many of my idols who are on WordPress and doing well with it (I’ve shared this on an earlier post), but given my limited time and energy, I have to focus.
With a gun to my head, I will choose, without batting an eye-lid, that Site Build It is for me (PS: Site Build It has been renamed to Solo Build It in 2017), because of 2 core reasons:
- It is stable (lesser risk of hacks) with fast speeds at fixed cost of USD 299 per year (note: you can get fast speed with WordPress by paying more using stronger hosting at WP Engine etc, starts at USD 29 per month per site)
- It makes me focused and there is less distraction of themes, plugins etc
Again, it doesn’t mean self-hosted WordPress is bad (is a great place to be) but I’ve much more successes in Site Build It AND with the reasons above and with less time/effort, I will choose Site Build It.
BUT for someone who loves WordPress and all its functions, should stick with WordPress and Wealthy Affiliate. Someone who loves SBI (like me) should stick with Site Build It.
Basically, I’ve 30+ sites across Site Build It, BlueHost and Wealthy Affiliate; what I’m doing now is culling down 10+ sites and Wealthy Affiliates. I’m still keeping my Site Build It and Bluehost hosting/sites, but that will remove at least 40% of my distractions.
Leaving me to focus on things that are more meaningful that will likely stay with me for the mid and long term (including this site of course).
In fact, I’ve happily shared with my friends, colleagues and readers on how I’ve built a $100k lead generation website using SBI (read that here) and that’s one of the reasons why I am so happy and comfortable to endorse and recommend SBI to you.
It works beautifully. Try it risk free, and if it’s not for you, you can get a full refund within 90 days. If you refund after 90 days, it’s pro-rated. I’ve more than 4 sites hosted with them, and ALL of them makes money for me compared to my WordPress ones so I highly and confidently recommend it. The magic is in the traffic my SBI sites generate organically.
Sign up for a free Wealthy Affiliate account here.
Table Of Contents
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Make Money Online Singap…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.