To take control of your life, there is a few considerations, but they revolve mainly around what makes up for you life.
- What do you like to have more of
- What do you need to get rid more of
Those two are the general components you need to consider when you want to take back control of your life.
Table Of Contents
#1 What do you like to have more of
These commonly refer to things that you like or positive things that adds to you, such as
- basic level: more money, food, sex
- good relationships and friendships
- good experiences
#2 What do you need to get rid more of
These usually refer to things you don’t like or negative things that take away from you, which is the opposite of #1 which is
- too little money, food, sex
- bad / toxic relationships and friendships
- bad / no experiences
So first, you need to know what you want, and the easiest is to work on #2, which is to get rid of things (including toxic people and relationships) that take away from you. Not everything can be taken away eg you cant remove your kid etc.
But things that are fixable in #2:
- you can earn more money – you just have to learn and apply more skills that earn you more income. It’s not gonna be easy nor free. Need consistent income, effort and rejection.
- you can buy more food when you earn more money as above.
- you can improve health with regular physical workouts, meals that are catered/prepared by a health company etc
- you can have more sex – this is more complex and involves mix of money, health, confidence etc
- you can have more good experiences – again, solvable with money and time
- you can have more good relationships and friendships – this one you need to start by having better decision making process and firing / terminating relationships and friendships that are toxic and poisonous to you
Then, set goals.
- How much money would you like to make? How much? By when? How?
- How much and what type of foods would you like to have? By when? how?
- How fit and healthy you want to be? By when? How?
- How much more sex? With whom? By when? How?
- How much more experience? This is open ended cos experience can be related to travel, or work, or relationship – define clearly
- How much more good relationships and friendships?
Define, Define, Define
The world rewards the clearly defined ask, and punishes the vague request.
Definition is your answer before it goes onto your calendar and schedule.
What is important, how much you want it, what will you do to get it and keep it etc.
Define exactly what you want, and be amazed at how things work out to favor your clearly defined ask. And ONCE you’ve clearly defined what you want, THEN key into your calendar the consistent tasks that will both get and keep you there.
Often I use the example of earning more first simply because by improving one’s income, so many other facets of one’s life will be improved. I am not saying everything is about money, but am simply stating how having more money can improve one’s life. There are so many things beyond money of course that makes life beautiful that cannot be bought by money.
Such as God’s sacrifice and love in Jesus, freedom etc.
But define clearly what you want, who you want to be and where you want to be in 10 year’s time. Be bold and write it down and define it clearly.
Everything else will fall into place.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.